Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fantastic.

Took apart entire air intake system - did this 2yrs ago, but never cleaned the IAC valve then.

Throttle body wasn't too bad, nothing like the first time I cleaned it. Changed oil/filter, PCV valve, cleaned the MAS sensor, IAC, TPS sensor and put it all back together.

The IAC was BLACK BLACK!

Truck idles super smooth; but you just barely have to touch the throttle (gas pedal) and she's movin :iroc:

Who said this engine doesn't have guts at 200k miles??

Oh, and I disconnected the battery for a bit while spraying sensor cleaner on the sensors.

So what's the hidden secret behind the IAC?? I'm not saying she has more power, I'm saying there IS a difference in throttle response.

·
Registered
260 Posts
:lol: I think you're having one of those "I just serviced, washed and waxed the car and now she really runs smooth" feelings :wink:

Sounds like your clean and ECU reset (aka battery disconnect) was worthwhile.

The IAC is only an air-bleed valve to control how much air bypasses the throttle butterfly at idle (I'm assuming that your post was at least half serious :D).

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only difference I really notice is the reaction of the throttle; it's not one of those *I cleaned my truck reactions* :p I really *do* feel a difference in the take-off reaction - perhaps with the cleaning of the butterfly.

If it's not a realistic effect, what's the point in keeping it all clean?? I doubt I'll have any mpg difference out of it :roll:

As a note, I didn't just only clean the IAC, I disconnected all the sensors and cleaned them up.

Spark plugs are coming in the next few weeks.

Fuel filter got changed out too.

Hey....gotta have *some* glimmer of faith in ole red in terms of a few extra ponies.....wishful thanking I know. But, I have to keep up with that POS Trailblazer sitting in our front yard belonging to a family member

1 - 3 of 3 Posts