Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 96 wizard that has SOTF, I have removed the hubs and replaced them with manual hubs after the truck got stuck in 4wd and I nearly bound the front diff up as I had little room to move (didn't notice it was stuck till after the gate was locked behind me and had to perform at tightish turn on seal to get out). I now would like to go back and get rid of the remainder of the sotf system. I don't have a switch and I believe it is activated by the lever which then makes the magic work.

How much of this system can I remove?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Captcol said:
Hello all,

I have a 96 wizard that has SOTF, I have removed the hubs and replaced them with manual hubs after the truck got stuck in 4wd and I nearly bound the front diff up as I had little room to move (didn't notice it was stuck till after the gate was locked behind me and had to perform at tightish turn on seal to get out). I now would like to go back and get rid of the remainder of the sotf system. I don't have a switch and I believe it is activated by the lever which then makes the magic work.

How much of this system can I remove?
Welcome to the planet Capt.

This post will bump your thread, and hopefully someone with an answer will see it.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I know JLEMOND has posted a way to disable the SOTF but I don't remember the details...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a search and mostly I found how to clean or fix issues with sotf, unfortunately at the time I didn't realise it was sotf and just thought it was auto hubs so instead of fixing I started removing stuff. Nevermind, I will search JLEMOND and see if I have any luck

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Only thing left to do is to lock the front axle actuator in 4wd mode. If I remember right there is a plug there that you can pull out and stick a bolt in once you have it in 4wd and the bolt will keep it locked in place. Then just remove the vacuum lines from the actuator and plug them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts