Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup...that's right.

I've always kinda thought that the Lada Niva was a pretty cool vehicle, but over the last week or so I've become extremely overcome with the thought...of ownership.

I like the 3 door Niva's, but what I really like is the 5 door models:

I could just picture myself using one of these as my daily driver.

...Back to reality I guess. :)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Soviet Russia, brake parts ask for you.

But seriously...I think Lada brake shoes are made from layers of newspaper anyway...so I shouldn't need to worry about that. ;-)

I know that I will likely never get one...but that doesn't stop me from wanting one.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looks cool, like a Fiat on steroids. In fact, a couple of the Lada vehicles are Fiats with a Russkie accent. Wonder if that's the case here.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ricardo said:
Looks cool, like a Fiat on steroids. In fact, a couple of the Lada vehicles are Fiats with a Russkie accent. Wonder if that's the case here.
I don't know if it is in the case of the Niva, but this is the Lada Riva:

And this is the Fiat 124:

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Theres one of these by me that I have been watching for years..just waiting for the right time to try and snag it...
The one by me is a 1973 Abarth Skorpion...a real rally car with history and the owner has it sitting in a driveway..and doesn't really know what it is..it a delete car, bare bones with racing belts and mag wheels etc..this car is silver too! I really want it sooo bad..just need to walk up with some cash...very cool car in person, the rear has those dino tail lights, rear engine, just way cool....

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Cool! I love those old rear engine 60's imports. My bro had a Simca.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
When I first saw the abarth I just saw the rear and thought it was an rx-2....the owner showed it to me and the more I looked the more I liked..its a little pos but it is so cool because of all the little things done for racing..its all complete right down to the original water transfer decals in the windows from the races..its nothing like anything I have had before but i just like it..I have seen them restored and they do look really good..now I just need to have a few grand laying around to walk up to him and try to get it..
Anyone wanna buy a hood scoop? lol..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts