Isuzu SUV Forum banner
181 - 200 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Disregard my previous posts. 31x10.5R15 fit a 93 Rodeo 4x4 perfectly. No rubbing, no cutting or bending required. Looks great too.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I can verify that yokohama geolander ats 265/70r16's will fit a stock 2001 rodeo sport. I had to remove the front mud flaps though. It barely rubs on the passenger side. I might be able to take a hammer to it but I figured it would just be easier to remove the flaps for a few months until the tire wore down a little.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok, Just checking to see if I'm getting this correct.... if 32-11.5 R16 (265/75R16) w/no lift- , then the skinnier 235/85 r16 (31.7x9.3/16) should fit as well. (1st Gen Rodeo)

·
Registered
18 Posts
so, just to clarify, if i look at the chart in regards to maximum tire size, it says for the second generation Amigos:

3 inch lift-305/70R 16 (33x12.50r15)(trimming required)

so, my question is, I am planning on installing a independent4x.com 3" lift kit in the next few weeks and will be purchasing new tires as well so if i use the above info than a 305/70/16 will require trimming with a 3" lift, but I plan on using a 265/75/16 tire......so will i need to do any trimming for that size as it is smaller than the 305?

·
Registered
49 Posts
1998 Rodeo, 3.2, 5 speed, 4x4 won't clear 31's without removing mudflaps and factory running boards (if you have them like I do.) Not sure if this has been brought up or not, but I tried fitting them on because I got a whole brand new set for next to nothing...but no go. :( Ended up sticking with stock tire size: 235/75R15 Cooper Discoverer AT/3...love them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ok, i have read this entire post and it is filled with great info... but i have a question. i was given a set of 265/75/16 wrangler rt/s about 50ish% tread left. as of now i have no lift(2000 rodeo 4wd), but will be doing either trooper springs or ome913 and torsion crank in the near future. i have no plans of taking these tires off road til i get the lift but im in a situation that i have to put them on now. bad ball joints did the current tires in but i did get over 50k out of them. i know i have to do some trimming, thats no big deal, but will i be able to run these without the lift and with trimming for the time being? all highway/city/interstate til its lifted. some help asap is greatly appreciated as i have to mount these either tomorrow or saturday.......
thanks!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
ok as usual i am late to the dance. i jst got turnd-on to the tire list and saw the linkd pix. hella great job! i feel lik i can mke bettr choices and be more informed when shoppin for tires, especially @ shops. i seem to wnna go w/ wht the sales person is spewin/pushin and now can be more proactive in wht "I" want. thanx to the posters for the work and info u put into this.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I dont know if it even helps at all but im running 33x12.50-15 on a 94 rodeo with just about 2" of lift, stock steel wheels and only rubbing is just a little on the power steering box but ive adjusted my steering end stops to prevent that, prob run 35s with no front bumper as stiff as the damn front end is on this thing, i want my cushy, flexy trooper back !!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Anyone know if a 2nd gen Rodeo will clear 235/85/16 (32x9.5) tires with just a 1.5" coil spacer in back, and matching Tbar crank? I really want to run this set up as I don't want a lot of lift, but want to run those tires....

·
Registered
602 Posts
zudorf said:
Well, that was fun. If we all followed the 3% rule, we'd be riding around on stock tires. Oh well, looks like 265/75/16's are in order. Just wish I knew how big I could go without rubbing.
Once you do find the tire size use this link as it will tell you a bit more info plus ride height increase.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Remember if you rub on the street then your tire may become permanently stuck when it flexes offroad ;)

Example

·
Registered
949 Posts
After a little more research, I learned that going with 245/75/16 or 70/16 will optimize my mileage and road performance. My rig is mainly a work truck. I don't do much off-roading. The 4WD is used for the snow and occasional steep, washed out, dirt road. When I grow up, I'll build one for the trails.

·
Registered
602 Posts
zudorf said:
After a little more research, I learned that going with 245/75/16 or 70/16 will optimize my mileage and road performance. My rig is mainly a work truck. I don't do much off-roading. The 4WD is used for the snow and occasional steep, washed out, dirt road. When I grow up, I'll build one for the trails.
What size do you currently have on it. Did you see my thread in the General area

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've got 31x10.5x15's on it right now. Not the tire for optimum mileage and/or performance. I've got a certificate for 4 new tires from the Yokohama plant here in Salem that I won at a golf tournament. Don't want to waste that opportunity. Guess I'll be ordering the 245/75/16 Geolanders on Monday.

Haven't seen that thread yet. Going to check it out now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Still no info for the Pickup, I see...

Is it safe to guesstimate the 4x4 90's P'up based on 1st gen Rodeo numbers? Reading the old build thread by Little Gray, it would seem 32" on snowflakes with no lift fit with no problems... Sort of wondering if 1" (33's) would cause problems...

- CK

181 - 200 of 250 Posts