Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i am new to the Isuzu world. I recently bought a 95 4x4 pickup with a 2.6 engine. Now maybe it's just because I am used to my 98 Chevy Silverado's 6.5 TD engine, but this truck just doesn't seem to have much power. It also doesn't get good gas mileage (15-18 Mpg). If anyone could suggest any possible power-ups that would be great.

By the way, despite the lack of power, it does great in the mud and snow (only after pulling it into 4 LO, of course). :?

·
Registered
79 Posts
95Suzypup-
I'm afraid your comparing apples and oranges darlin'. Your 2.6 is never going to feel like your V8 Chev power-wise. You might try an aftermarket air filter, and I actually tried one of those "Tornado" things, with negligable results. As far as mileage goes, that also, I'm afraid is the nature of the beast. Our little Zu's are not exactly mizerly in the fuel consumption department! 15-18mpg is probably about as good as it gets. But, take heart, your little truck will go tight places your Big ol' Chev will never go-and do it without breathin hard! Welcome to the wonderful world of ZuZu's!!!

Happy Zu Year!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.