Votes: 9 75.0%

Votes: 3 25.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Nite-Shade spray bomb for headlights. I used it for my Dodge Neon and I have a whole can left that I want to make use of, so I drew up some ideas for the Rodeo. I'm in a rut deciding between what I have so far. If you have any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
None of them...but if you are dead set on doing it, then 1.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Philips Halogens and street legal driving lights inside the grille. It's blinds people as is, so I'm willing to sacrifice visibility for style points.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
none of them.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
BryanHousley said:
I have Philips Halogens and street legal driving lights inside the grille. It's blinds people as is, so I'm willing to sacrifice visibility for style points.
If you are blinding people, aim your lights. Why add more lights so you can cover up the lights?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ian1006 said:
If you are blinding people, aim your lights. Why add more lights so you can cover up the lights?
I live and drive mostly in thick wooded areas on the mountains that are overpopulated with deer. You need to see down the road to avoid them, so I aimed them particularly for that. My grille lights are bright enough to replace the driving lights, so I'm just going for looks, hence the different designs I asked for everybody's input on.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
BryanHousley said:
Ian1006 said:
I live and drive mostly in thick wooded areas on the mountains that are overpopulated with deer. You need to see down the road to avoid them, so I aimed them particularly for that. My grille lights are bright enough to replace the driving lights, so I'm just going for looks, hence the different designs I asked for everybody's input on.
I hear ya on the dear man! Hate those buggers with a passion, just a couple weeks ago in the same morning I almost hit two...I mean like less than 6 feet away from them.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I'm a fan of easily visible lights that do not blind people. I vote none of the above.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You guys voted, and I took it into consideration...

The finish was cracking up as it was drying, probably because I did it in 34 degree weather (Pennsylvania is pretty cold right now). I used a little bit of clear coat left over from painting my other car and it's all holding together really well right now.

To be honest, the clear coat paint pretty much erased the sun damage tone the headlights used to have. It beats buying the kits that cost $30 to restore headlights. So I guess I killed two birds with one stone on this mini-project! :D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
just a thought...

my rs trooper has adjustable headlights, 4 stages....

are they also available for the rodeo?

i would have middle pair square, outer pair round, indicators V stripped

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Enemigo said:
I can't see your driving lights in your grill.
This is true, I have 6 of these (http://cl.ly/Adzt) mounted to some sheet metal I arranged to sit with each one poking through its individual hole on the topmost part of the grille. They are out also because I'm painting them as well, seeing how I lost no visibility after painting the lights, I might as well have these camouflaged inside the grill better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gizmo42 said:
Tinted covers FTW. I can just pop them off when I need to drive at night.

If I didn't have all this paint left, I would've loved to do that. I didn't even know they made those for the Rodeo until I just read your post. That's gotta be pretty convenient for you. Well, if you like what I did with mine, you should consider putting holes in yours :) It has more people looking at it now when I take it to the gas station.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts