Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally finished with all the Maryland bs laws and got to take this baby home. Despite the fact it's a monday I will go to the range tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Med!c said:
I'm finally finished with all the Maryland bs laws and got to take this baby home. Despite the fact it's a monday I will go to the range tomorrow.
I'll trade you a 91 trooper for it.

:wink: :D

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
S&W are good guns. Hard to go wrong with them.

Joe

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this thing has a serious kick to it! The fire it self is a thing of it's own! I shot 150 rounds and now this thing needs a serious cleaning!

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Med!c said:
this thing has a serious kick to it! The fire it self is a thing of it's own! I shot 150 rounds and now this thing needs a serious cleaning!
Seriously ?

:wink:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I wish I could own one of those... Ahhh, the true north strong and free, you think you have BS gun laws?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Is that a 686? Had one alot like that years ago. Wish I would have never sold that one. What a great piece.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Med!c said:
Are you shooting .38 or .357?

If you're just plinking shoot .38, recoil is much less and you will save money. Save the expensive .357 for home defense, or when you really wanna kill something.

By the way, if you don't like the recoil with that 686, stay away from any X frame. Shot my uncles .500 once, 10 rounds and my wrist was DONE.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
NICE!

Now go buy one in 44MAG

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sags said:
Med!c said:
Are you shooting .38 or .357?

If you're just plinking shoot .38, recoil is much less and you will save money. Save the expensive .357 for home defense, or when you really wanna kill something.

By the way, if you don't like the recoil with that 686, stay away from any X frame. Shot my uncles .500 once, 10 rounds and my wrist was DONE.
I fell for the shoot .38 specials ordeal when I got it. I'm not sure why anyone would shoot .38 specials out of a .357mag when the mags are significantly funner to shoot. I really enjoy the extra kick. But they are expensive to shoot without a doubt! For this reason I'm saving up for a p22 that way I dont spend 200 bucks every time I go to the range.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brought this baby home today. I got a killer deal on it and I just couldnt pass it up. It is used, but it has no signs of wear, and it's an 06 model so it shouldnt have the problems the early p22 had. I guess the guy got rid of it because he wasnt shooting it much. Who knows.. maybe he used cheap .22lr rounds which these things dont like and didnt have a good experience with it.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im not sure how the p22 has gotten a bad rep. I shot 500 rounds through it without much of an issue. The issues rose near the end of my mag dump session. But it's understandable. This thing was so dirty the slide would not move freely. But even still, the slide wasnt the issue. I was getting feeding issues because the magazine would freeze up and not push the round up. I'd get clicks because the next round would not be pushed up and so it would never get picked up. If I had brought my 2nd clip I could have probably gotten around this. But I was alternating between the p22, the 686 and a friends 10/22 so everything was getting time to cool. Except maybe for his 10/22.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sags said:
Med!c said:
along with your wallet!
I haven't shot one before but fondled a few in the store. I can fit my XXL sized pinky completely into the cylinder. what does ammo run? the energy in one of those is more then a 12 gauge slug! (the 700 grain monsters...)

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AussieJackaroo said:
Nice Smith you bought ... you can Never have enough of those :)
thank you.

the trigger on it is amazing. I'm not sure if a trigger job was done on it or not, but once you cock it you really should not have your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot. No play what so ever, and a gentle tap will make the beast breath fire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts