Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Chicago Tools 8K today for a mere $269 from Harbor freight. $29.95 bought me a years warranty. The saleslady said they will fix it, no matter what happenes to it. Somebody had told me that they were ramsey winches. CE Winch VS. Ramsey Winch. Looks like the same exact thing to me. I know this is probably a little undersized for a Trooper, but I don't plan to use it a lot. With the smaller motor, i also didn't have to upgrade my electrical system. Eventually I would like to move up to a Warn 9500 or so, but this will do me till then. Suprisingly, it bolted right up to my ARB bullbar. I will need to get some longer bolts to attach the fairlead, but other than that it was a perfect fit. I'm hoping to ride down to Ocala with some friends in a few weeks. I will find an excuse to test it while i am down there, and let you know how it works.

Adam

·
Registered
123 Posts
Howdy. I recently read an article in Petersons that told of Mile Marker now making quality electric winches. They are famous for hydraulically operated military applications, but recently entered the market for recreational 4x4s. These are suppose to be the best "bang for your buck" option at the moment. Same quality as WARN, but 1/2 the cost. Though I haven't heard any real world feedback yet.

-Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.