Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been out reading meters and had to deal with some pretty nasty stuff, but this one really got me.. I ended up wading around in the water (cold water) stuffing rocks under the right rear tire until it could get traction. I've got to get a locking diff...

·
Registered
160 Posts
man that sucks....thats why when i go wheeling i carry a 6 foot jackall and 8 2x8x6's with me. If I get into a situation i dont want to be in, its pretty easy to just jack it off the ground, stick a bunch of huge rocks under my tires and just put some wood on top of that and drive out of there. 5 minute bridge.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, well, the Trooper ran fine all afternoon, then I had to go into town tonight and on the way home it just quit (Seems like the fuel pump) So the wife had to tow me home like 6 miles. I'm thrilled as I'm sure you can imagine. I keep threatening to buy a house in the city on pavement and get a desk job...

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
********** said:
Yeah, well, the Trooper ran fine all afternoon, then I had to go into town tonight and on the way home it just quit (Seems like the fuel pump) So the wife had to tow me home like 6 miles. I'm thrilled as I'm sure you can imagine. I keep threatening to buy a house in the city on pavement and get a desk job...
I did that awesomly fun job of dropping my fuel tank today
worst part is it didn't fix the problem :x
grass is always greener, I haven't lived in a big city, but I'm rather fond of rural life and the small community college.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
You always post the coolest vids.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That was pretty good, although I think I would have tried to nail the road first-the approach angle is steep but better than getting stuck in water. That pool you drove through looks kinda deep, I am glad you finally made it.

I did the fuel tank drop this week too, still have bubbles in my lines after replacing all rubber too. Hard line is next...

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bellavesus said:
That was pretty good, although I think I would have tried to nail the road first-the approach angle is steep but better than getting stuck in water. That pool you drove through looks kinda deep, I am glad you finally made it.

I did the fuel tank drop this week too, still have bubbles in my lines after replacing all rubber too. Hard line is next...
Yeah, I probably could've driven over the culvert, but I honestly didn't think crossing the water was going to be a problem. It turned out to be a little deeper than I thought. I was hoping for a cool video to post... Not that this one wasn't cool, but the wading around in ice cold water for an hour wasn't exactly the highlight of my day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
********** said:
bellavesus said:

Yeah, I probably could've driven over the culvert, but I honestly didn't think crossing the water was going to be a problem. It turned out to be a little deeper than I thought. I was hoping for a cool video to post... Not that this one wasn't cool, but the wading around in ice cold water for an hour wasn't exactly the highlight of my day.
LOL, at least you didn't H20 lock your motor like I did :cry:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Before you drop the tank. Pull the connector apart and dry it with a hair dryer. Then check the fuse and relay. Use dielectric grease to seal the connector when you put it back together.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.