Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Well I've finally gotten my 3.5l engine swap done and with the exception of a sometimes sticky lifter (Seafoam will help that methinks) I'm pretty much ready for some new rubber. I would like to do a lift, but realistically I don't know how much real offroading I'll be doing so I'm holding off on that. I'm going to be replacing the shocks with SensaTracs soon and have a set of Aisin hubs I got from Chadzu to put on. I figure I'll be double checking the ball joints and wheel bearings and do all of the work at the same time.

I've shopped around for tires quite a bit, but I'm not really sure what size to get. I have determined that I'll either go with Hankook ATm rf10's or Treadwright Wardens because I'm kinda expecting a bad winter here in Ohio. Right now my choices are:

TreadWright 245/75R16 Warden's Load Range C (backordered but I can wait a little bit)
Hankook ATm rf10 265/70R16 ($134 each from Walmart online!)
Hankook ATm rf10 245/75R16 from Amazon

I know some people here locally that can mount and balance them for me, but I've never gotten AT tires before and this Amigo is new to me on top of it all. Any thoughts or input would be helpful.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Falken Rocky Mountain A/T aren't bad priced and are a good all terrain tire. Dayton Timberline A/T's (I have some) I recommend those as well.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll definitely take a look at those as well, but I'm kind of concerned about fitment. I've read that the TreasWrights are a little bit bigger than they're spec'd at. I'm also confused a bit on sizing but doing some reading tonight on that. What size of tire are you running?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
'99 Amigo with 245/75/16 Warden (C). Just got them mounted this week. I had to lift the front up about 1.5" (which is about how much it was sagging) and I had to trim the rear of the front fenders about 1" at the bottom. The fender covers are off in the picture, but I can still put them back on. The issue is that the Wardens are so square on the corners.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well crap. I'm *really* trying to avoid doing any kind of trimming and I guess that answers my question about the Warden's fitment. Anyone have the Hankooks on a 2nd gen?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Chiron said:
I'll definitely take a look at those as well, but I'm kind of concerned about fitment. I've read that the TreasWrights are a little bit bigger than they're spec'd at. I'm also confused a bit on sizing but doing some reading tonight on that. What size of tire are you running?
31x10.5xr15.

265/75/16 is a comparable size for passenger sizes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I called TreadWright to ask about when the 245/75-16 Wardens (C) would be available again and was basically put off by the lady on the phone. She was fairly nice, but her tone kinda made me not want to deal with them. ANYWAY, I was basically told that they won't be making any more Wardens in that size period. But yet they still have it listed and are requesting emails from people to be notified when they're available again. Schtuff isn't adding up.

Enemigo, I'm wondering if you have on yours because of the stock wheel. From my understanding, the stock 16's for 2nd gens all have a 4.5" backspacing vs. 3.75" backspacing for the older wheels and snowflakes. That would cause the tire/wheel to sit a little further out of the wheel well and might give you a little extra clearance. I scored some of the 16" snowflakes from a Passport and that's what I'll be putting tires on. I just have to decide on tires, which is proving to be a more difficult decision than I thought.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I had a bit of a caffeine buzz when I wrote that. What I meant to say Enemigo, was I wonder if the rubbing you had w/the 245's was due to the stock wheel's backspacing. the size chart is based on the older wheel's backspacing of 3.75".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts