Isuzu SUV Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
shaggydoink said:
paulevans76 said:
Replaced steering box. Not fun! DIRTY greasy job, but got-r-did.
I feel ya, this is one repair I've learned to dread simply because of how messy it is!

Jonathan
Filthy job on mine, and working around the oil cooler lines on the 2.8 and the lower rad hose, man, no fun. BUT I did confirm that it fixed the leak, no more (new) spots in the driveway!

I'm going to fix the cocked steering wheel this weekend, give the interior another clean up - especially the cargo area (they always look like **** in these rigs), and go ahead and list it soon after. We had to buy new kitchen appliances recently and it would be good to knock that off the ol' credit card.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bummer to put all that work into it and then sell it. I need to do so many of the items you've tended to ... steering box, rust removal and repaint underbelly, etc. Looks like a nice rig!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
With the new commuter added to the fleet, I've run out of room, and I just don't have time (or $$) to take it all the way to where I'd like it to be. It's been fun tooling around in it, that's for sure. I'm sure I'll find another one later on :)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Sold it this evening! Went quick.
MVIMG_20181009_183010.jpg

Told the buyer about the site and Jerry, so hopefully he will join up and we can continue following it over the years.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
check amazon..or Ebay....for parts....check with Jerry....best wishes on your Trooper..looks wonderful !

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
shaggydoink said:
paulevans76 said:
Sold it this evening! Went quick.
Bittersweet I suspect? Congrats on the quick sale, someone got themselves a killer Trooper! :thumbup:

Jonathan
Definitely bittersweet, but it was the right thing to do. Right now I don't have enough spare time and $$ for one 'zu! I'm sure in another few years I'll catch the fever to get another one to putt around in, but for now I'm good with the trail rig.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.