Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so first off lest start with my rear wiper doesn't work nor does the rear wiper fluid come out. I think its a relay on one of thos boards behind the glove box. I havnt yet takin it apart. Next last weekend my dad got some plug in heater for the rodeo and it worked fine but then I turned the car off and when I turned it back on it fried someone because now none of the power sockets don't work ( he blew one out and the used it in the other and blew that one out). We checked the fuses on the driver side and they were all fine. And lastly I have a problem with starting my car when it is cold. I'd doesn't happen all the time twice in the past 2 months. I think its the battery because I can jump the car and it starts right up. And then last night my lights I was drive my friend home, the car was on for 30-45 min and was in 4WD due to the 1/4inch of ice on all the roads, and on my way home at a stop light my the dash lights dimmed down and the rpm gauge when to "0" now I revd it and it Skiped everything and started working at about 1500rpms then i stopes reving it and it started to go down and at about 1100rpms it went straight to 0 again and lights went dim. Then the airbag light flickered on then off. Lol (very random to me). Anyways does anyone know what's going on? I think I need a new battery to fix the starting problem but I'm not sure if I sould get an alternator too. Oh and the car had no rpm troubles this morning. Just had to jump the car to start it.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Your immediate problem is the Alternator is not putting out enough current to keep the battery charged and run the electrical loads at the same time, so the lights dim and the engine wants to shut off. If the battery is not fully charged it cannot crank the engine fast enough in cold weather to start. Have the Alternator and battery load tested.

The 2 power sockets receive +12 VDC through the closed contacts of the accessory socket relay which is energized by the ignition switch via the cigar lighter fuse. The sockets are protected by a separate fuse. If the fuses are good you may have toasted the relay contacts.

The rear wiper/washer is an Alarm and Relay panel issue.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thank you. No you know how hard it Is to change the alternator? And what is the best one to get? I'm going to fix that ASAP.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
You should have it tested first, it is expensive to replace and not mounted in a convenient location to work on. I think the 98 was a 70 Amp unit but 99 & up are 90 Amp, go for the higher output one. I have no recommendation on brand, I never replace them, I repair them.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, im going to stop by the store today and get it tested, and in going to get a relay too. maybe some other goodies :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the alternator tested. She's bad. Trying to find a replacement that will work. I want to get one from a local auto store but I know Isuzus are picky.
Also I found out that it was the actual power socket. So for now I but the one that's in the trunk up in the front. But im not going to use it till the alternator is replaced. Lol. Havnt checked out the whiper stuff yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts