Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty i was out trying to put on my new Supper Winch manual hubs on my 90 trooper and i ran into a problem. I pulled apart the old auto hub and cant get the last part off. The part that is giving my trouble looks like a sleave over the axle shaft whith 2 grooves for cir clips. At the back part of it theres still a gear looking thing that engages in to a ring and then the cap to lock it in. So how do i get this sleave and ring off? If you dont know what im talking about i can get pics but ill need someone to host them for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm..........

Methinks the thing your looking at with the two grooves IS the axle shaft.....or the spindle :?:

I've never seen or heard of any 'sleeve' on the first gen CV shaft.

Note: This pic comes from this article (2000 Amigo), http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.htm/56 and so it may look a little different from your axle, but not by much. (Is it my imagination, or does that rotor look rather......................worn? :shock: )

The lock-ring with the three screws in the pic actually threads onto the hollow 'spindle' the wheel turns on. The CV shaft comes through the spindle and when the hub is 'locked in' it then turns the whole wheel/hub.
Once you remove the hub assembly, your setup should look pretty much like the pic.

The circlip can be considered your 'Jesus' clip because if it comes off, the shaft will slip inward and you lose 4wd function.

Maybe someone else will chime in.......

Cheers,

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok now that is exactly what my luv looks like and what i was expecting. But instead what i found was som ething completely diferent. Instead immagane another splines "sleve" over that, it looks exactly like tha axle shaft but itsnt, there is some slop like it is on some splines. Then at the back is a toothed ring. I can get a pic but have no way to post it...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
LOL! :lol: There is a clip inside the sleeve that needed to come out-I think!

Him and BF walked through it online last night. Let mepr explain it to ya! I am in the dark on that! :?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah there was a C-clip i didnt see, i didnt wipe the greae off the end of the axle well enough so ididnt see the one clip that holds the whole asembly onto the axle shaft. :oops:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Brake cleaner - know it, love it, live it :D

Cheers,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.