Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new registered member from College Station, TX. My husband and I just recently purchased a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo and are in the process of fixing it up. It has a 3.2L V6 engine and automatic transmission. Runs well and has cold AC for which I am very thankful this time of year. Had some minor electrical issues when we got it due to the fact that some not very smart person wired a stereo head unit incorrectly and blew fuses, all the dash lights, and the dimmer switch. All the lights have been fixed and radio rewired. NOW....on to the fun stuff!!

We have been very thankful for this site over the past few weeks when fixing all of this stuff. We have found answers to many of our questions. This has been an invaluable resource!!!

NOW about me....I live in College Station, TX. My husband and I are both graduates of Texas A&M University and we just can't seem to leave here. We have two kids ages 3 and 5. I am a stay at home mom, I also tutor college students, and now (with all of my spare time) I am working on this Rodeo.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Welcome to the planet

Lots of Texas folks here,I'm glad the site has been a big help for you two.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Welcome to the planet !

You are doing the work yourself ?

:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My husband and I are both doing the work. I first started playing with vehicles years ago when I had a 2004 Dodge Ram Hemi. I couldn't do all that much to it because it still had a warranty and I didn't want to mess it up but we put pink racing stripes on it and a couple of other mods to it. I drag raced it once but that what when I was just a couple of months pregnant with my first child. Then came the kids. Out when my Dodge Ram and my husbands yellow RX-8 and in came the GMC Yukon and GMC 2500 Diesel so that we could cart around the kids and everything that comes with them.

They are a little older now and I don't need quite as much space so that is where the Rodeo comes in. I am going to be the coolest soccer mom in town!! Well at least in my mind anyway!! :D

I like working on cars...can't say I like being out in 100+ heat but it comes with living in Texas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to put the pink touch to this one as well, but when I did it to my Dodge, my husband wouldn't drive it, not that I blame him. He says he will still drive this one even if I put pink on it cause it is much cooler than the Dodge, but we will see...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome to the Planet.

You'll find a great bunch here and one grumpy old man (me). But we do enjoy each others company and always welcome new members to our addiction.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Oh yeah, and watch out for johnnie59.

Man, is he grumpy !

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
97RodeoGirl said:
Grumpy I can handle. I just don't get along well with most women because I can't handle the drama and whining!!
I think I'm in love !

That's exactly why I can't get along with most women. Everything HAS to be a drama !

Three things I can't stand.

Secrets.
Lies.
Manipulation.

If I ever meet a woman close to my own age, that doesn't want or need any of the above, and loves to laugh, I suppose my self-imposed bachelorhood might be in danger.

~~~~~~~

As for you working on the truck...

We have a rule here. Pics, or it didn't happen !

:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I graduated with my PhD when I was 26 and have been doing the mommy thing since then and I can't stand doing the mommy play date crap which is why I get into stuff like this, it allows me to use my brain.

Man I wish I had gotten a pic the other day. I got under the truck with a putty knife to scrape off the 11+ years of grime underneath it and I was covered in grease....thank goodness for Dawn soap, but it was really hard to get out of my hair.

I redid all of the lights inside and I did the soldering on the radio wiring harness. My husband did the torsion bars and we both did the tire switch. I also soldered the resistor block for the blower motor. Well I stand corrected, We too the wheels and tires to walmart and had them put the tires on the stock wheels and then we both remounted them.

We are going to do a rear shackle lift tonight so I will get a picture!!! We are going to use the Chevy drop shackles which is something that as far as I can tell has not been tried on here so I hope it works. In theory it should but theory and reality don't always match up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts