Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Isuzu Amigo XS 4x4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

I ended up getting a brush guard off a 94 Rodeo out of state to mount on my 94 Amigo. I ended up having to restore it as it was rough. Got it perfect. Since the guard was shipped to me I didn't see it mounted to vehicle. I tried to reach out to the gentleman I bought it off with no luck.

So my question is how to mount it to bumper ? I located the two holes underneath which are straightforward. It came with all the hardware. I have these two silver spacer (see pic). I've seen some guys mount the spacers either on outside of bumper or inside of bumper. Not sure what is the proper way.....
Green Gas Auto part Engineering Machine

Directly to bumper

Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Spacer on outside of bumper

Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

This was the typical dealer option brush guard and not aftermarket.

Appreciate the help.

Ryan

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Picture of whole guard will help but... from my experience, most brush guards were really just "show guards" and offered minimal protection, and NO structural value (and I've owned several as I sued to "harvest them from the boneyard and offer them here). From my experience, most were mounted at the two "tag holes" on the front bumper, and at the two "towing holes" under the front splash valence (along frame).
The one exception was the WARN brush guard I had on my Spacecab pickup (RIP). That sucker was seriously reinforced and mounted. It was made to have a winch attached to it. Only ever saw the one. Dennis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts