Isuzu SUV Forum banner

How to get to the speaker?

591 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  plian_shane 
#1 ·
I have a '99 Rodeo and need to get to the speaker in the front passenger door, but I haven't a clue as to how to proceed. I looked around a little bit, but did not see any apparent screws, slots or anything else that would indicate that the speaker grill could simply be "popped" off the door panel. I hope I don't have to take the door panel off just for a speaker. As for the speaker, I am not sure if it has blown or is just rattling against the grill. Any help is appreciated.

Update - I just had a reputable mechanic look at my '99 Rodeo last week. He replaced the fuel sending unit, and determined that the ticking/rattling I heard was related to the heat shield for the catalytic converter - obviously not a major issue. As for the fuel sending unit, it is so nice to be able to tell exactly how much gas I have in my tank now - after 40,000 miles without a gas gauge, I forgot how nice it is to have that functionality! :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.