Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the easiest/best way to get through the firewall on a first gen trooper? I am trying to run a few wires and a vacuum line through. Right now I am running it through a tear in the shifter boot, but have a new boot on the way and want to clean this up :D

If there is already a thread on this please direct me to it, can't find any by searching. I never have to post because I usually find all the info I need.

Thanks! :thumbright:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I would think the best place would be around the throttle cable. Maybe make a hole in the grommet and thread your vacuum hose, wires etc. Just out of curiousity, what are you running that needs that kind of modification?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I currently just have some wires running in from under the trooper and up out tears in the shifter boot. For off road lights and cb radio. Ordered a new shifter boot from Jerry, so need to find a different way to run the wires. I want to get a vacuum gauge to help me save gas (shift better).

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
If memory servers, I ran my wires for the CB and lights through one of the existing grommets. I just made the whole bigger.

Bart

PS - You have an interesting user name.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
nfpgasmask said:
If memory servers, I ran my wires for the CB and lights through one of the existing grommets. I just made the whole bigger.

Bart

He has it. That is what I would do.
Good luck.
Cheers
Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! :thumbright:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nfpgasmask said:

Bart

I really liked a book called The Hot Zone :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts