Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2000 rodeo, the window trim bunches up everytime i roll up the window and it is very annoying. I fix it after each time i roll up the window and it works once and then bunches up again not allowing the window to shut. How hard is this to fix and where can i get a replacement strip? Also, electric mirrors and rear driver side window dont work anymore, dealer said mirrors and window switch about $100 each to fix....can i get these cheaper anywhere else and how hard are they to fix by myself??

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is the glass itself pulling the strip up in it's track? if so then you need to ck. the strip for something stuck in it or a kink in the strip. if not then clean it really good and apply a slilcone spray into the channel where the glass slides only! from what you said about the other windows makes me think you may have a worn regulator causing the window to bind and pull the strip. To ck. this just roll the window halfway down and grab the top of the glass and wiggle it from front to rear,excessive wobble will mean you need a regulator. as for your mirror switch and window switch go to the parts house and buy some electrical contact cleaner,pull the switches out and spray the heck out of them and give them plenty of time to dry out brfore reinstalling to see if they work. If not then go to the local boneyard and get everything you need at once from them for the price of that one weatherstrip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts