Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most of you have heard as have I over the last few years about the chemtrail conspiracy theory. I've heard all about it on late night radio, and even meet one or two people in real life who are gullible enough to believe such garbage. But I didn't give it much thought, figuring they where harmless weirdos just like the moon-hoax nutjobs.

Now I'm actually a little worried about them... here's the story from last night.

Myself and 3 other guys got a long dinner break after a test in school (we are together from 2 - 8:30pm in class) so we went out to a local Mexican restaurant. Now the class we are all together in is A & P school (aircraft maintenance) we are all 3 months from finishing, 2 out of 4 of us are pilots, one a retired Air Force and Delta pilot , and one guy that already works maintenance for Delta. So between us we have a pretty decent general knowledge of aviation related topics, and have dozens of connections and friends in the industry.

So we sit down, and at the booth behind us are a couple loud mouthed guys, and they start talking about chemtrails, we all just kind of rolled our eyes and chuckled. But these guys kept winding each other up, getting really worked up on the topic. What they're spraying, how it's making them sick, who's behind it, etc... Till one of them says, near as I can recall. "This is bulls__t, the ____ing bastards are spraying us and all the sheeple are to _____ing stupid to wake up and realize it. The only way to get people to wake up and stop this s__t is to shoot one of those muther____ing planes down!" :shock: :shock: and then his buddy basically concurred. :shock: :shock:

We all kind of raised our eyebrows, and considered confronting them, but thought better, it would have only made an awkward public scene. Before I'd mostly thought these kind of nutjobs, while annoying where harmless. Now I'm just a bit concerned, how long till one of these delusional people tries to take down a passenger plane on final with an RPG. I won't lose sleep over it or anything, but when you think about the Oklahoma City bombing, or Waco, or many of the mass shootings in public places, you realize it only takes one delusional crazy guy to cause a whole lot of hurt, especially if he has followers. Now I realize this chemtrail nonsense is just one more fantasy that could possibly motivate a deluded individual with violent tendencies. Now I'm wondering if I have a moral or ethical obligation to try and educate these people when the subject comes up, problem is most people who believe in that kind of thing are so entrenched that no amount of evidence or reason can change their heart and mind, and debate only further entrenched their belief. :?

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
It's a paranoid world we live in. It's gets a lot worse when times are bad. Especially when it's obvoius to even the whack jobs that some people in this world have way too much influence and are using it to profit from others loss. Some of this paranoia is probably justified but chemtrails are a joke. My wife is in an industry that is related to aviation. We had a diner conversation several years ago with her old boss. He was a pilot and an engineer. Just talking aircraft the subject of contrails came up. How and why sometimes they form and sometimes they don't. He said that the person who can come up with a way to eleminate contails will be the richest man on earth. The worlds defense industries would give the ranch away for that info. It's hard to be stealthy when your leaving a trail that can be seen for miles and miles. It's very hard to protect from indiviuals that are intent on doing bad things. That's a big reason why the world is on edge these days.
Do you have an obligation to educate? I doubt they would listen to what you had to say. People believe what they believe. Maybe more of an obligation to report to a hot line for this stuff. Reality is there are probably millions of conversations like this everyday by frustrated citizen. Will it result in action. Not likely but who knows. Of couse they may have heard your conversation and been baiting you guys. That happens too.
We had a bad drought here a few years ago. In a rural county locals were having meetings with the local polititians. Farmers were accusing the government of using airplanes to spray the clouds so it wouldn't rain. They said several people had seen unmarked airplanes fly into rain clowds and then it wouldn't rain. I think the premise for this was that it would raise crop prices for the big large scale farmers in another region or some such.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Well, if one of those nutjobs would just invent a clean, reliable fission reactor powerd jet engine, we could put an END TO COMTRAILS! :lol:
So silly! And yet, I am now with you on the threat. Somewhere, sometime some whacadoodle jsut might try to "take a stand" and blow up a jet!
Geeezzzz. Kinda scarry, stupid people are! :shock:

Lets hope & pray they dont give any others any ideas. One of my closest freinds works as airport security (in the office)
A family member is fairly high up in the chain of command for homeland security.
I am not worried. I'd still trust a Delta pilot in a jet over me driving my 'zu mere 3' away from other idoits on the road! :lol:

All IS secure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for now.

Comtrails!!!! HA!

Next thing you will here is our Farm Tractors we sell here are "Spraying the crop with chemicals from the EXHAUST STACK!!!!!!!!!" ha ha ha!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If in fact there were forces interested in spreading chemicals for whatever purpose, they would want those chemicals to disperse, not stay intact as the so-called "chem" trails show.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Way Amigo said:
If in fact there were forces interested in spreading chemicals for whatever purpose, they would want those chemicals to disperse, not stay intact as the so-called "chem" trails show.
They do disperse. Eventually.

Just like clouds.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Sags said:
I'm sure most of you have heard as have I over the last few years about the chemtrail conspiracy theory. I've heard all about it on late night radio, and even meet one or two people in real life who are gullible enough to believe such garbage. But I didn't give it much thought, figuring they where harmless weirdos just like the moon-hoax nutjobs.
Wait...

You mean chemtrails aren't real ???

:alien:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Selador said:
Way Amigo said:
They do disperse. Eventually.

Just like clouds.
It's the "Eventually" part that is the problem. It would be so diluted as to be pointless. :drunken:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Selador said:
Sags said:
Wait...

You mean chemtrails aren't real ??? :shock:

Yes they are!I have seen them in the past :shock:

They were white and on a mirror...... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Way Amigo said:
It's the "Eventually" part that is the problem. It would be so diluted as to be pointless. :drunken:
You know that. And I know that... :wink:

Plus there's the jet stream.

But there's no point in adding fodder to the nutjobs' cannons, by making statements like the streams do not dissipate.

Or "next they'll be saying that the tractor exhaust is spraying chemicals on the plants", as if that is not the case, when it obviously IS the case. Just not the chemicals the nutjobs are up in arms about...

Heck, if the nutjobs really want something that is right at hand, affects all of us, every day, and is not easy to disprove... They could claim that the governmet is putting stuff in the gasoline, that is turning us all into sheeple, when it is burned and comes out the tailpipes of cars, (and that tractor)...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Bansil said:
Selador said:
Sags said:
You mean chemtrails aren't real ??? :shock:

Yes they are!I have seen them in the past :shock:

They were white and on a mirror...... :mrgreen:
OH GOOD GREIF!!!!!! BANSIL!!!! :roll:
:lol:

·
Registered
608 Posts
ChemTrails? Isn't that the result of them planes secretly spraying dihydrogen monoxide over everyone?
That dihydrogen monoxide stuff is deadly! I found out all about it on the internet!
http://www.dhmo.org/

:roll:

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Why make up conspiracy theories about chemtrails ? They are so far away. Why not stuff that is closer to us.

Here's a good one...

Corn.

It has been genetically engineered for decades.

And it is EVERYWHERE.

Corn, or some corn product is in almost everything we eat or drink. It is in our gasoline. Etc.

I think the government has been secretly funding the genetic engineering so they can use corn to make us all into complacent little sheeple. FAT ones, at that !

It's a cornspiracy, I tells ya !

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
I found some DHMO in the corn I found in my poo...

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
It's things like this that make ya go hmmm!!! Most anyone bitching about anything will change there tune when there life's at stake... They repent fast !!! Maybe the sky is falling !! Maybe every time I see an escaped balloon floating its filled with rotten haggis and waiting to be detonated near a flock of geese.... Very bad things very bad !!!!

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Just do like I do and tell them they are right, the govt is sprayin chemicals on us. But thats the only reason we are still alive. Humans would have gone extinct long ago if they didnt. That really confuses them when they consider the govt could be doing something good for them LOL.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
I've heard they're a diversion though I now believe google is behind them. 8)

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I'm from the government and I'm here to help! :D

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Mcdonalds freaks me out.... Yuck?,

Cheers
Ian :blackeye:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts