Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My a/c sucks. I figure part of the problem is the multitude of fried bugs on the condenser fins. How can I clean the fins with minimum or no disassembly? Is compressed air safe to use?
By the way, if anyone has one of those a/c recharging pressure gauges, what should the psi be with the system at max cool and motor idling? I know there is a difference in calibration, but I'm looking for a ballpark figure. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Compressor air needs to be used with care. You can easily bend the cooling fins over on themselves. If you can, I'd use a toothbrush to clean the gunk out. A hose can be used from the back of the radiator to flush out debris, but again be careful to squirt straight through the radiator so that you don't bend any fins.

Then for optimal performance, straighten the fins. A tool can be used to make quick work of that, or you can do it with a light touch and a screwdriver.

http://www.tooldesk.com/products/produc ... px?id=1628

I'm no AC expert, so I can't comment on system pressures.

-Tad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.