Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to replace O2 sensor and maybe take a look inside of cat. Is there a safe way to clean a cat? I don't have to pass emissions so would it be prudent to just hollow it out?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
You can not clean out a catalitic converter. It uses a platinum catalyst
that will eventually wear out. They only cost $100 to replace with a high
flow one. If you do not want to use one, get a test pipe on ebay.

·
Registered
368 Posts
:shock: OH NO!! Don't hollow out a cat, you'll have the ASPCA after you. I've found the best way to clean them is to take them in the tub with you and just scrub them down with baby shampoo before you take a shower. Then dry them off good and let them run around the house and freak out.

Hope this helps,
sneek

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Tie up their little paws ahead of time & save your self some grief. :wink:

Jim

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, now how about we get back to the subject. Anyone ever removed or "relieved" a catALYSTIC CONVERTER on a '95 (not '95.5) and was there any benefits or consesquences.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
How To Clean Your Toilet - The Fun Way
Instructions on how to clean your toilet

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Sincerely,

The Dog

·
Registered
368 Posts
I bought a new converter to replace my 90 vintage model from summit along with an edelbrock RPM muffler. I think the one I picked ran about 55 bucks.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If you think it may be plugged, deposit it in the dumpster (along with the litter) and get a new one.

You dont have to pass emissions now, but I bet ya sooner or later you will.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.