·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder what the story is behind the development of the
Super Charger for the Isuzu V6.

Anybody know?

I am thinking a bunch of Vehicross owners got together and ordered
just enough to cover development. Now they sell it as a kit.

Another of my assumptions is that it bolts up just like a Chevy V6
and minimal parts were required.

Has anyone ever run 24psi with proane on one?? That would be like
600 HP

Sorry I had too much coffee.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Superchargers are no big deal in Japan, nor are turbos. Pretty much everything has one or the other, at least in this neck of the woods.

I went wheeling with a group of Jeep drivers here last week, and almost everyone had electronic superchargers bolted onto their big inline sixes...

BH

·
Registered
591 Posts
timrkopi said:
.....Another of my assumptions is that it bolts up just like a Chevy V6
and minimal parts were required.
I bet that's it. Minimal mods or off the shelf parts were all thats required to get it to work on the 1998+ 3.2/3.5L. As cool as the vehicross and axiom are, I dunno if I've seen but 3-4 of each on the roads (NY State) since there inception!! Hard to believe a manufacturer had a line setup to build such a small number of vehicles. Isuzu NA has got to take the cake on doing some strange things. :shock:

G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And they will working on them to basically sign off on it to say it will not effect your warranty.
What in the world does this mean?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't forget that in Japan they have crippling taxes on cars with larger engines so the Japanese have become masters at squeezing power out of smaller engines by using forced induction (turbocharging, supercharging and even compound charging using both) Doesn't take much work to apply ti to a larger engine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Almost crippling..I pay about $600 per year just for the right to drive my 2.8 diesel here in Japan. Plus, diesel cars more than 10 years old pay an extra 10% surcharge on top...

The idea is to reduce pollution, but it's as assinine as it sounds: someone driving the wheels off a 2litre turbo-charged Imprezza makes a tonne more pollution than someone driving an old diesel on weekends...engine size has nothing to do with it.

Of course, it also has something to do with the weight and length of the car as well....

BH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.