Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 11 2004
Isuzu Turnaround Continues Apace

Isuzu Motors Limited, (Japan), has delivered strong results with the company announcing a record profit for the 2004 financial year.

The company, in the second year of its business restructuring plan, registered a 446 per cent increase in operating profit to JPY 84 billion, coming on the back of a six per cent gain in total sales revenue, company rationalisation and a reduction in expenses.

Sales of Isuzu trucks have boomed in Japan following introduction of new emission regulations, while China and other ASEAN countries are continuing to provide high demand.

Isuzu's consolidated operating profit improved markedly to 5.9 per cent, up from 1.1 per cent for the same period 2003.

Mr Yoshinori Ida, President, Isuzu Motors Limited, said the results were a clear sign that the three year plan was heading the company in the right direction.

When the plan was introduced, Mr Ida said detractors had called Isuzu to account.

He said they had questioned "whether restructuring measures we had taken in the previous year could translate into solid earnings in 2004 [and] whether fundamental earnings strengths could be improved. Our results have stood firm," he explained.

On top of the strong Japanese domestic sales, the company's international strategy was delivering results, Mr Ida added.

"Our sales expansion effort in overseas markets paid off, contributing to a rapid growth of commercial vehicle and diesel engine sales.

"Sales are riding high in ASEAN countries and China where Isuzu took an early lead in establishing itself both in terms of infrastructure and brand awareness."

Mr Ida said Isuzu's move to take a massive one-time restructuring charge in the first part of the three year plan had realised solid reform of the company's fundamental earnings structure.

Source ---> http://www.isuzu.com.au/news.asp?id=122&type=1

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
not likely, 2004 is the last year of the Rodeo and Axiom. They are keeping the ASSender but thats really just a rebadged Envoy for 2005 and they MIGHT bring back the Trooper in 2006. From what i have heard from my friends that work for Isuzu, the new trooper is, id hate to say, UGLY. So we will see what happens. The new DI (direct injection) motor in the 04 Rodeos and Axiom is the best design for engines since the GM 4,5,6 inline cylinder motors (Canyons/trailblazer/etc) and the Isuzu/Gm designed Duramax diesel. Isuzu has one of the only DI vehicles for under $80k (BMW???). They are on the right track, but is it too late? I have owned 30+ Isuzu vehicles since 1993, mostly parts vehicles that i have used to fix up my trucks or sell parts on Ebay and here. I have owend a 1985 Pup longbed with 300k on it (1.9L) and the only thing changed was 2 clutches and one carb rebuild at 250k. My Rodeo i drive now is a 96 4x "S" with the preferred package, it has 110.5k and runs great and only uses about 1.5qt of oil inbetween 3k oil changes. They are great vehicles, all of them. Well lets see what happens. It will be a sad day when Isuzus are no longer available in the US :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.