Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many would buy 5:38 gears front and rear if they were availible.because isusu never got popular enough there was never a demand for the aftermarket to invest in them.maybe indy4x would get them made if enough people pre ordred them.just a thought 8) recon

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I would buy a set in a heartbeat. I'd rather buy the 5.13s if they could get them to work.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would be interested also since I want to go with 33-35" tires when my 31" wear out.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
The big question is how many of you are still willing to put your name in the hat when they attach a big price tag to them?

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
DASZU said:
The big question is how many of you are still willing to put your name in the hat when they attach a big price tag to them?
I dont think Matt would do it just because of that reason. A lot of Isuzu guys have given him too many issues with wanting things cheap and just creating a headache for no reason. If this were to happen I can only see it happening with someone on here finding commited people who will sign up ready to give the money up front, then contacting Matt and saying something like "we have 15 people willing to spend 600 bucks on gears, can you make this happen?" And yeah, unfortunately it will be that expensive. rodeo guys have it better because you just need fronts, with thick gears for the rear that are plenty available.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Who ever terra used to make the last run should still have the info and tooling to do the job.
I think you would have to order several hundred sets of gears to get any company to agree to make them.
I'm pretty sure Terra washed their hands of all things isuzu, so it is going to be an uphill battle to get more gears made.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd be in for a set front and rear for a 1990 trooper. And I'd be willing to put my name and money in the hat.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I would love a set for the rear on my 91... Considering the timing of the project I could have the money... Any idea when this would go down, cause I could begin stashing some cash now...

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my only hope in a gear change is a sas dana 44 wagoneer front and and isuzu rodeo dana 44 rear.i would go with 5:13 gears and aussie lockers front and rear 8) recon

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Terra didn't make the 5:38s. Matt at Indy spent his own money to have them made. It would cost lot's more to have them made again than the 1st time. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for him to do it again. It would take more than 15 sets that's for sure. My guess is it would take 50 -200 gearsets to get them made at any kind of resonable price. That's resonable not Cheap!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would pay the price glady to avoid doing dana 44's front and rear because i really want to keep my truck pure isuzu all the way. 8) recon

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Well I believe they still have some 5.38s for the 12 bolt rears. If you're going D44 SFA then it shouldn't be a problem to regear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts