Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if its a PITA to install shocks on a 2nd gen trooper? (2002)

just regular ones for now.. I have a bad sway when driving the shocks are pretty much done. is it something that can be done in a few hours or?

Thank you .

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
It isn't too tough. The upper rear mounts are a bit difficult to reach, especially driver side due to the exhaust pipe. But really it is just nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thank you

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I should have covered the shocks a little better in this pictorial, but you can get the general feel of it. Like BigSwede says, it's just nuts and bolts. I suggest liberal soaking with PB Blaster. I felt that just a few more inch-pounds on the breaker bar getting the nuts off would have twisted the shock mounts off.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53712&p=453325&hilit=pictorial#p453325

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
If you aren't familiar with the pin-type of front shock upper mount, just tighten down the nut on top until the rubber bushing is squeezed even with the edges of the metal washer thingys, no further. This will make more sense when you are looking at it.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I hope your nuts aren't rusted.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Med!c said:
I hope your nuts aren't rusted.
:twisted: well i know 2 arent :p but im sure the other ones are. Back looks pretty easy except the driver side may be a little tough to reach. I may do this , this weekend :)

It feels like im driving a boat i hit a bump and im bouncing all over the place lol.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Mine were a friggen bear to get off (damn CT winters!) The top bolts on the rears didn't want to budge but eventually my dad got them for me. The bottom nut n bolt snapped on the front drivers side but those are easy to replace a trip to the hardware store for some grade 8 goodness and all set with that. The only REALLY big PITA was that the shocks Pro Comp 9000s the rubber bushing holes were small and didn't want to fit on the metal bolt studs on the rears literally had to push them with our feet.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sounds interesting haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts