Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that's always bugged me about my Isuzu is the horn. I hate locking my doors from a distance because it always gives that awful high pitched beep. How easy is it to make it deeper?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
You could always replace it with something from this site.
http://www.hornblasters.com/

or just buy a aftermarket horn and swap it out. You'll probably have to splice a couple of wires, but it shouldnt be too bad.
Maybe even getting a horn from a vehicle with one that sounds nice to you will work.

Im not sure on the Axioms, but there are two horns for the Rodeo, one is a regular horn and the other is for the anti-theft system.
I cut out my anti theft one and am using the one that came with my aftermarket alarm system and it sounds better.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
thru my many searches at pick-your-part yards, (i'm usually looking for first gen trooper stuff), i have noticed that some troopers came with dual horns where as most of them came with a single. all the first gen troopers are wired for dual horns though.
but Dae has a good idea. go find one that has a sound you like, such as a '59 cadillac, and wire it in.
mee-meep

cheers, john

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Old Cadillac horns are the favorite of truck owners who want better sounding horns. Google search and you will figure out the good years to look for.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I went to autozone and picked up some GM horns and swapped them in. I had them look up the horns for a 01 gmc 1500, my dad had one and it had a decent horn. Its all plug and ply. 5 min swap!

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I shut off the beep on mine for locking and unlocking doors, just the lights flash now. But I also replaced the alarm horn with a better one so I can hear it if the alarm goes off. Plus I replaced the normal horn with air horns.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
How about a Train Horn... :twisted:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
94Rodayo4x4 said:
How about a Train Horn... :twisted:
Nah, I live 4 blocks from the train tracks, I get tired enough of those as it is! haha

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dae said:
but there are two horns for the Rodeo, one is a regular horn and the other is for the anti-theft system.
I cut out my anti theft one and am using the one that came with my aftermarket alarm system and it sounds better.
Where are they located?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
onebadtrooper said:
I went to autozone and picked up some GM horns and swapped them in. I had them look up the horns for a 01 gmc 1500, my dad had one and it had a decent horn. Its all plug and ply. 5 min swap!
May check this out, I like the way those sound too.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Doesn't the JC Whitney catalog still have the horn device that plays a variety of tunes? Like Dukes of Hazzard-style "Dixie", or "La Cucaracha", etc.

My father in law has it on a classic car he owns and he thinks its the funniest thing in the world. Me, not so much....

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Tatohead said:
Doesn't the JC Whitney catalog still have the horn device that plays a variety of tunes? Like Dukes of Hazzard-style "Dixie", or "La Cucaracha", etc.

My father in law has it on a classic car he owns and he thinks its the funniest thing in the world. Me, not so much....
Those are illegal here.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
RedStar said:
Dae said:
but there are two horns for the Rodeo, one is a regular horn and the other is for the anti-theft system.
Where are they located?
On 2nd gen rodeos the regular horn is on the rad support behind the bumper. The anti theft one is on the inner fender panel under the hood behind the ABS pump.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would replace the factory horn with either a horn system from a 90's Buick Roadmaster...
they sound like a train horn and are available from a (used to be) Buiick dealer for approx. $100
or from the JY.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gizmo42 said:
RedStar said:
Dae said:
Where are they located?
On 2nd gen rodeos the regular horn is on the rad support behind the bumper. The anti theft one is on the inner fender panel under the hood behind the ABS pump.
Yup, that's exactly where it was at (anti theft one.) Replacing it today. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts