Isuzu SUV Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,747 Posts
Awright, I'm digging through the forum's source code to find the string "photo size could not be determined". So far, no luck. Are these the EXACT words? Nothing came up in Google when I searched for this phrase AND "phpbb".

Jack

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
below is my original post again. hopefully it shows up when i post this page up.
if you scroll down, you'll see that most of my photos are missing from page 1 and page 2. but down near the bottom of page 2 you'll see that the pictures of my grill are still on, (i hope). the previous pictures that are gone are from june 2011 and older. the grill photos are posted august 1st. and, on one of my other posts dated after august 2011, they are photos still up as well. i'm interested to see if the photos of my grill will vanish after the august date. there might be an expiration date on my photos and this could possibly be the reason they are no longer visible here.
now even if this is true, i still can't put up my photos from my computer directly. i'll play with it more when i have time.
cheers, john

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46872&start=25

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
JoeIsuzu said:
Awright, I'm digging through the forum's source code to find the string "photo size could not be determined". So far, no luck. Are these the EXACT words? Nothing came up in Google when I searched for this phrase AND "phpbb".

Jack
the message reads "it was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image"

if you go on the thread in "general isuzu discussion" you'll see a thread posted up by "imamonstertruck" titled "round eye conversion". the last post on there is mine. (it was while writing this). on page 1, imamonstertruck uploaded a photo of my red grill. when i put up my post, (the last one), i was going to quote imamonstertruck, but i couldn't because of that photo. my quote post wasn't even able to show up as preview. when i deleted that photo from imamonstertruck's post, only then was i able to preview and post.

so, will someone do me a favor and try to repost that photo of my grill using the "quote" mode from imamonstertruck's post. it's about 2/3 the way down on page 1. right above the photo, imamonstertruck wrote "you are a rock and roll genius"
apparently not!!
please, just quote the whole post to see what happens.

thanks, john

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
govno90 said:
so, will someone do me a favor and try to repost that photo of my grill using the "quote" mode from imamonstertruck's post. it's about 2/3 the way down on page 1. right above the photo, imamonstertruck wrote "you are a rock and roll genius"
apparently not!!
please, just quote the whole post to see what happens.

thanks, john
Quoting the post won't help. That image no longer works! It's not where the link points to, but the link is still there:
http://images112.­fotki.­com/­v110/­photos/­6/­1713326/­9317994/­P7310154-­vi.­jpg
That's one of the reasons I despise the use of remote images.

Jack

·
Registered
170 Posts
Or you could just add images from the built in upload tab???????? i know it's a 5 image limit but that's not hard to deal with! Just browse for the image on your computer, select it, and upload it. Then just insert into the line wherever you want the picture to be

Reactions: JoeIsuzu

·
Registered
3 Posts
On photobucket.com, find your picture,and right-click on it,chose "inspect",and there will be a blue block with code in it. Right-click on the blue block, chose "edit as HTML", copy what goes after the "src" (it's usually looks like a site link,you can copy it in the address bar,then you will open the image in a blank page.). Then back where you edit your post, click "insert image", and paste what you copy into the image link column. It's done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Milly said:
On photobucket.com, find your picture,and right-click on it,chose "inspect",and there will be a blue block with code in it. Right-click on the blue block, chose "edit as HTML", copy what goes after the "src" (it's usually looks like a site link,you can copy it in the address bar,then you will open the image in a blank page.). Then back where you edit your post, click "insert image", and paste what you copy into the image link column. It's done.
Seems like a lot of work lol. I just link google with my andriod phone then save photo to desktop then open with "photos" (Windows 10), click on the 3 dots on the top right corner then click on "Resize" and change the Width dimension to 150 and that should resize it properly and lower the file size so you can upload it here.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Milly said:
On photobucket.com,
Photobucket is the scourge of the Planet!

Please don't don't do this...
Milly said:
...find your picture,and right-click on it,chose "inspect",and there will be a blue block with code in it. Right-click on the blue block, chose "edit as HTML", copy what goes after the "src" (it's usually looks like a site link,you can copy it in the address bar,then you will open the image in a blank page.). Then back where you edit your post, click "insert image", and paste what you copy into the image link column. It's done.
Yes, its done--until Photobucket changes their policies and renders over a BILLION web images inaccessible. Again.
AngryButters said:
Seems like a lot of work lol. I just link google with my andriod phone then save photo to desktop then open with "photos" (Windows 10), click on the 3 dots on the top right corner then click on "Resize" and change the Width dimension to 150 and that should resize it properly and lower the file size so you can upload it here.
150 is thumbnail size. I don't know the size limit here, but I think it's at least 800x600.

Jack

·
Registered
6 Posts
JoeIsuzu said:
150 is thumbnail size. I don't know the size limit here, but I think it's at least 800x600.

Jack
If you look at the section where you upload your avatar it says 150x150 or 6.00kib size. Either 1 or the other which of cause is for the thumbnail But for pictures, if you want to show an image right from the site I right-click the image then click "copy image address" then paste it in between

Also Photobucket used to be awesome a few years back but now they bombard you with watermarks which is do bad and I refuse to use that site anymore

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
AngryButters said:
JoeIsuzu said:

Jack
If you look at the section where you upload your avatar it says 150x150 or 6.00kib size. Either 1 or the other which of cause is for the thumbnail But for pictures, if you want to show an image right from the site I right-click the image then click "copy image address" then paste it in between

Also Photobucket used to be awesome a few years back but now they bombard you with watermarks which is do bad and I refuse to use that site anymore
That's one way. But we're not talking about avatars here, are we?

To post a picture on the site (not the same as embedding an image with the IMG tag), see below. It's an image of how to attach an image. ;)
E2BD7BC4-4187-4A66-9E0E-AD841739C555.jpeg

And THIS SITE overlays our images with ads now. :(

Jack

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
I use imgur. Save the photos to imgur. Copy out the large thumbnail in the board format. Paste it in the post. Easy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
JoeIsuzu said:
SupATro.0pA said:
I use imgur. Save the photos to imgur. Copy out the large thumbnail in the board format. Paste it in the post. Easy.
Please don't.

Jack
Care to give me some context, Jack?

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
SupATro.0pA said:
JoeIsuzu said:
SupATro.0pA said:
Please don't.

Jack
Care to give me some context, Jack?
Using a hosting site means PlanetIsuzoo.com can't ensure the images stay available. Whenever the photo host decides to change their policy, we're at their mercy. PhotoBucket did this, and effectively broke over a BILLION images around the web.

Jack

81 - 97 of 97 Posts