Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title explains it, if its possible how do i achieve 6"s of suspension lift on my 99 isuzu rodeo? The easiest way would be 3" suspension and 3" body lift but that isnt a true 6" suspension lift. So whats the advice?

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Re index the torsion bars and crank it up 6 inches. Ride quality is gong to be awful. You will need to to flip your balljoints. I would also recommend getting calmini control arms if you want to go that high. Don't get longer front end shocks or you will destroy your rack and pinion. A diff drop will be necessary also. For the rear get ome or calmini springs with some spacers. You may also want to look into some bent upper links from Calmini for the rear end.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
It would look sweet but i'd never lift my Rodeo up to 6" with just the suspension (unless I got an IFS drop lift kit, but that probably isn't going to happen), but the ride would be horrible, and you would probably have absolutely no downtravel left. My Rodeo is right at 3.5" of lift with just the suspension and it's the highest i'm going to go with it, it rides really nice and it's just high enough where I have to hop into it, so I don't really want to go any higher.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I don't know if you can even achieve 6" by cranking the torsion bars...even if you could it wouldn't be drivable. The only way I know of is to buy one of those kits from Indonesia...one guy around here has done it, somewhere in Readers Rides. A more common (and much cheaper) approach is 3" suspension and 3" body lift.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, i cant think of his name but he has a sick ride! black98 i think is his name, he has a total of 14" of lift! He has a 7" drop lift i believe. He had it imported witch im sure was a pretty penny.

·
Registered
925 Posts
If i was going to do a 6" lift, i'd sas the front, and soa both axles.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
RandyAM said:
If i was going to do a 6" lift, i'd sas the front, and soa both axles.
This! Six inches will be a serious problem with IFS.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If you have to have that much lift go with the 3 and 3 rought or SAS the thing. 3 and 3 is cheaper and in my opinion the way to go.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Registered
5,475 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing how the front diff looks in the configuration.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
7" lift and as expected it is $1,680 not including shipping. Has to shipped from the UK. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVROLET-COLOR ... 931wt_1163

I would like some more info but to be honest i would pay $1,680 for 7" of lift, i will be contacting the seller to try and get some more details on the kit. The description is limited.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Its not 1680, thats 2635 plus shipping. I also believe its for the newer Rodeos, not for your generation.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
This Rodeo:

I think Chevy and Isuzu partnered which is why this truck looks like the Colorado.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ohh, it never hit me that they made a isuzu rodeo identical to the chevy colorado. Well crap. I guess ill just got 3" suspension and then a body lift. Probably 2" body.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
CatFuzz said:
I'd be interested in seeing how the front diff looks in the configuration.
Find my build thread, plenty of pictures in there.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts

I'm running a solid axle in my amigo... It's roughly around 6"s of lift plus a 1" body lift. In all accounts it was way cheaper than an ifs lift kit and I gained tons of travel.

I've been wanting to lift it more but after this trip it's perfect !!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts