Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clean the head light lens on my '99 Rodeo? I want to do it myself but not sure how to.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
There is a kit that will supply all the cleaners and wax(es) and the buffing tool - but you need to use your power drill.

Pretty sure all the non-professional stores like Pep Boys and Wal-Mart will have them.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
used them, works OK. a good polishing wheel (angle grinder with varable speed and polishing pad) and some WHITE polishing compound and LOTS of water....some time it will look new again

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
toothpaste works great and will make your truck smell minty

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Fluoridated or non- ?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i like the anti cavity kind

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Upgrade to glass ones. 2000-2002 should work.

·
Registered
677 Posts
99's had plastic headlights?

Were the glass ones optional? My 97's lights are glass and so are all the ones I've seen on other Rodeos around here.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
My friends '98 had plastic, but we found glass ones at a yard. He just had to change his grille to get it to fit.

I dont know why newer cars use plastic ones. They look horrible as they age. Even just after a couple of years.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Say it: CHEAPER.

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you do use a DIY cleaner/polisher kit seal it up afterwards with a good quality wax.

Honestly you're better off getting 00-02 headlamps though.

·
Registered
397 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.