1,489 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Haha. In looking at his previous posts is a 96 trooper 3.2

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
FTR: I no longer address any vehicle security related questions.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
shooter said:
FTR: I no longer address any vehicle security related questions.
Dangit !!!

And just when I was about to ask you where I could get a good padlock for my spare wheel.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
FTR? For the.... i dont abbreviate much :p

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
I know that with mine if you don't open a door within 30sec after hitting the unlock button it will relock itself. Kind of a pain if your arms are full. Makes for good stories when someone else (wife) sets off alarm while sitting in the seat lol....

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
bradzuzu said:
I know that with mine if you don't open a door within 30sec after hitting the unlock button it will relock itself. Kind of a pain if your arms are full. Makes for good stories when someone else (wife) sets off alarm while sitting in the seat lol....
Yup, its happened to me like that. Except with the VX, you can unlock the doors with the FOB, then open the tailgate and put your stuff in. If you take more than 30 secs, the autolock with lock the doors, and if you HAPPEN to set your keys down in the tailgate, and you close the VX rear door, you're screwed. :) The only way to open the rear of a VX is with a key.

In 2008 a VX member locked himself out this way right before the VX run in Moab. He had to have a locksmith come and jimmy him back in. Broke his door lock in the process.

Bart

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
I wonder if the switch is bad ??? I can open any three doors and it will turn on the dome lights and disable the alarm from locking. Maybe that's the problem a bad button ???

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
There might be a relay out in the engine bay you can pull I spose... You sure you don't like having the auto open doors ?? I really like the fact that I can have my keys hangin out of my pocket with full arms and just push a button. Only time it sucks is if I don't hit it twice and start my rig then go to get into the passenger side and it's locked.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts