Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1993 isuzu trooper 2 door . 4x4 im trying to put 31's on it i wana lift it n see how it looks with just three inches mabye more n i know all of u guys doo this alot so i was wondering if neone could help me out mabye tell me how to do it and send pix too to make it easy for me im thinking abt just a 3 in body lift but i wana b able to crawl thru some mudd too last time i bottomed out on my frame soo i think i mite need a suspension lift too atleast an inch or too and ive heard many differen storys on how to lift it but i wana do it where its not gona mess up my align ment and i dnt have to modify a bunch of stuff so what would raise it springs and shocks, getting bigger tires ,torshion bars , i need help guys e mail me please at [email protected] thank u ur help will b much appricated

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Unless you are running 34" tires or bigger you don't need a body lift. A quick suspension lift of an inch or two would easily run 31". Lift coils and/or spacers for the rear and crank the front torsion bars to match. Probably don't even need an alignment for an inch of lift.

·
Registered
199 Posts
im runnin 31s on my '96, no lift, haven't had any rubbing

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Send you pictures to make it easier on you? Who do you think you are that you can just demand that people do all the work for you?

Did you just come here straight from occupying Wallstreet?

Figure it out yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lmao hahah i hear ya man ive never put a lift on nething before ive bagged over 200 cars n trucks but ive never raised one the pics are to show what these people are talking abt ive been told one story that i have to buy an acctual suspension lift ,then ive heard that i can just buy springs and flip the torsion bars ,n a few outher storys my point being is i wana put bigger tires on it im getting 31's for free but i eventually wana go with a 33 or 35 and ive been told to just raise it high enough to clear the tires what im asking is can i buy springs and fliip the torsion bars or what ever n get three inches of suspention lift ?? yes or no ?/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigSwede said:
Unless you are running 34" tires or bigger you don't need a body lift. A quick suspension lift of an inch or two would easily run 31". Lift coils and/or spacers for the rear and crank the front torsion bars to match. Probably don't even need an alignment for an inch of lift.
thank you sir thats what i needed to know can i get more of a lift out of the suspension by doing the same thing? like could i get 3 in of suspension lift from just the spacers and torsion bars?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tigertrooper said:
im runnin 31s on my '96, no lift, haven't had any rubbing
with u just adding bigger tires /putting the 31's on it do u have more ground clearence? n do u have a picture of like a side view so i can see what the 31's look like if not its no big deal ? but thank you for ur info

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigSwede said:
i was thinking the same thing abt a body lift that it wud make it top heavy lol just never put a lift on before neway so urs has a three in suspension lift with 35's rite soo did u have to buy an actual lift kit or did u just change the springs and mess with the t bars:?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
A 3" suspension lift is fine. I wouldn't go much higher than that. If you are going to run 35s I recommend a combination of 3" suspension lift and body lift. I have a 1" body lift and 3" suspension lift for my 35s.

But you should probably regear if you run 35s. 33s are more liveable with stock gears.

If you do go 3" suspension lift you will want to do a ball joint flip to correct camber changes, possibly a spacer there also. Independent4x has them. Also, an alignment.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
isuzushawn said:
with u just adding bigger tires /putting the 31's on it do u have more ground clearence?
Stock 245/70 tires are about 29.5" diameter. so going to 31" will get you additional 3/4" ground clearance.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Is this a USA 93 RS two door? ...

Regardless, 1st & 2nd gen troopers both came with 31x10.50x15's as an option. The only difference was the wider alloy rims (in place of skinnier steele rims) & a gear ratio adjustment in the differentials. The suspension height wasn't changed. Get a set of snowflakes, or any 15x7" rim & enjoy the 31s. Lift not needed.

If you want to lift it, crank the torsion bars 2" & get some OME heavy duty springs.

If you want to get a bit more articulation out of the 1st end, well... most wknd warriors never see obsticals that will have you that far off camber.

~psguardian

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
psguardian said:
Regardless, 1st & 2nd gen troopers both came with 31x10.50x15's as an option. The only difference was the wider alloy rims (in place of skinnier steele rims) & a gear ratio adjustment in the differentials. The suspension height wasn't changed. Get a set of snowflakes, or any 15x7" rim & enjoy the 31s. Lift not needed.
No, all 2nd gens came with 245/70/16 tires. First gens did have the "Big Tire" option.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
BigSwede said:
No, all 2nd gens came with 245/70/16 tires. First gens did have the "Big Tire" option.
So then how did 2nd gen troopers adjust the speedo for the 4.77s? Diff plastic gear on the VSS?

~psguardian

·
Registered
734 Posts
psguardian said:
BigSwede said:
So then how did 2nd gen troopers adjust the speedo for the 4.77s? Diff plastic gear on the VSS?

~psguardian
All 2nd gens from 92-97 had 4.56. ALL of them. 98+ had 4.30s

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
For people who are totally new to the Isuzu world even the nomenclature can be a little confusing this may help. OME stands for Old Man Emu they make the coils springs for Troopers. Independent 4X is a shop that caters to Isuzus and can supply most after market stuff thats available for Isuzus. Ball joint flip is more like reposition the ball joint the BJ is moved from the top of the upper control arm to the underside of it. Torsion bars are tightened by turning a large bolt counter clock wise (that is when you are laying on your back looking up) that is located about midway on the inside of the frame on both sides it uses a 11/16" socket. Do this with the front wheels off the ground. Goodluck Dave
There are no dumb question just stupid mistakes

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
psguardian said:
BigSwede said:

~psguardian
4.77s were not an option for 2nd gens, unfortunately.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
outofrshell said:
For people who are totally new to the Isuzu world even the nomenclature can be a little confusing this may help. OME stands for Old Man Emu they make the coils springs for Troopers. Independent 4X is a shop that caters to Isuzus and can supply most after market stuff thats available for Isuzus. Ball joint flip is more like reposition the ball joint the BJ is moved from the top of the upper control arm to the underside of it. Torsion bars are tightened by turning a large bolt counter clock wise (that is when you are laying on your back looking up) that is located about midway on the inside of the frame on both sides it uses a 11/16" socket. Do this with the front wheels off the ground. Goodluck Dave
There are no dumb question just stupid mistakes
Heh, yeah...we need a glossary on the site.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Actually, you should sell that 2 door and buy a 4 door. The 2 doors are no good for off road, way too tipsy because of their short wheelbase.

I will buy it if you decide to sell it, since they are no good and all.

8)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts