Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how I can shut off the seat belt reminder alarm that beeps when I turn on my 1996 Passport?

Please note: I know I am running a risk by asking this. On other forums for other trucks I have seen several pages of ranks about safety, legality, etc. I always wear my seat belt on the street. I don't always wear it when I'm driving on very rough, slow dirt roads and getting in and out a lot. Also, I sometimes put it on after I start the engine and don't need the dinging to remind me.

Thanks for any advice you have.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Locate the chime and disconnect it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
That's what I would do... I removed to bulb in the dash for the little guy too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try to find the chime to unhook it.

How hard is it to get to that light bulb? That's pretty annoying, too.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Wear it.... Or disco what blinks or chimes....

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
buckle the seat belt then sit over, problem solved.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
depending on what year yours is there might be a connection at the female between the buckle and the floor.
That's what I first thought. Find it and put in a jumper wire then tape it up good.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Look under the seat for a wire going up to the cushion. If there is one, disconnect it. Cant remember if thats how mine is or not, I know I did my work van and my last vehicle that way. Most have a switch that makes when someone sits in the seat to activate the alarm.

·
Registered
645 Posts
VO|TRON said:
depending on what year yours is there might be a connection at the female between the buckle and the floor.
wonder if you cut the wire, if it will disable the alarm and also shut the light off?

you can always re spice and put ends on if it dont work.

just a idea..

·
Registered
152 Posts
With mine, I found a single wire at the driver's belt anchor next to the center console. I cut it and it put out the light. I just went and tried it now and the light comes on if I connect the two strands. When you buckle it must break a circuit that turns off the light. Cutting the wire breaks the circuit permanently.

Mark

·
Registered
645 Posts
do you not use your seat belt lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I expect to have some time this weekend to check things out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts