Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had the free time and patience to mount my hood scoop I bought from the UK. It went very smoothly, just checking and double checking before I drilled the first hole was the most nerve racking, after that it was smooth sailing. I ended up having it painted professionally, didn't cost as much as I thought but it wasn't cheap either. Color match is spot on which is what I mainly was worried about. Oh..yes and it is functional, I have 2 triangular holes in the hood.. A shout-out to onebadtrooper and tonnydoodles for their past-posts and messages to help me out!

what ya think?

·
Registered
134 Posts
that came out loooking real good . i was just haveing a talk today with my grandson about a hood scoop he had ask my can we put one on my passport .i was not sure if it would look good . i will have to show him yours.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Looks really nice. Did you need to remove any hood bracing, use extended studs through bracing, etc?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

hey shooter, didn't mess with the bracing at all just some holes around them..Over in the UK the bracing is setup so the entire space under the scoop is open. I just have a brace going through the center so both side are open for airflow. I used a spade bit and made the hole in the bracing bigger than the hole on the hood so the nuts actually sit inside the braces just like on the stock diesel hoods.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks great... :thumbleft: Do you have pic's while you were installing?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
That just looks really great! Great job, beautiful outfit.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
looks great man!! Glad I could help. I was the same way when drilling the first hole....no turning back after that!
Its neat seeing the scoop from the drivers seat too!!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Me think look awesome. In fact your entire Trooper looks awesome. Nice work.

TrooperBeast00 said:
Finally had the free time and patience to mount my hood scoop I bought from the UK. It went very smoothly, just checking and double checking before I drilled the first hole was the most nerve racking, after that it was smooth sailing. I ended up having it painted professionally, didn't cost as much as I thought but it wasn't cheap either. Color match is spot on which is what I mainly was worried about. Oh..yes and it is functional, I have 2 triangular holes in the hood.. A shout-out to onebadtrooper and tonnydoodles for their past-posts and messages to help me out!

what ya think?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Man, that really looks great! Well done!

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Silly question perhaps, but why do you need the scoop? I thought the scoops were for the diesel engines? Is there a potential for water damage, 'cause water as well as air will be scooped in.

TrooperBeast00 said:

what ya think?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
TrooperBeast00 said:

what ya think?

:headbang: :thumbup: :thumbleft: :thumbright: :eek:ccasion5: :hello1: :!:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks nice! I'm feeling hood scoop envy....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jay said:
Silly question perhaps, but why do you need the scoop? I thought the scoops were for the diesel engines? Is there a potential for water damage, 'cause water as well as air will be scooped in.

TrooperBeast00 said:

what ya think?
THANKS GUYS!!
Hey Jay I had the same questions before I did it.. The scoop is for diesels for their intercoolers but it could also serve a purpose of bringing in cooler air, so if you had a cone filter it would be beneficial ( I did it for looks). Little water get sin there b/c it is sealed around until the front, if any water gets in it evaporates, and all components are moisture proof anyways, think about the water that comes in from the front of the radiator..

:D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
:hello1: :headbang: It rocks!!

Congrats!

·
Registered
48 Posts
TrooperBeast00 said:
Finally had the free time and patience to mount Oh..yes and it is functional, I have 2 triangular holes in the hood.. A shout-out to onebadtrooper and tonnydoodles for their past-posts and messages to help me out!

From his post he has holes in the hood... :read2:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts