Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 Rodeo and when I pull the latch in the cabin for my engine hood, the hood doesnt pop up the half way. The only way it works is if I place something to hold the latch up, then I have to go and lift the hood. Then I can open it. Has the cable just been stretch out and needs to be shorten or what?? I dont really know where to look to find the problem....

Not a big problem but its a inconvenience for sure.

Thanks fellow planetiers

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
JustBlaise said:
I have a 04 Rodeo and when I pull the latch in the cabin for my engine hood, the hood doesnt pop up the half way. The only way it works is if I place something to hold the latch up, then I have to go and lift the hood. Then I can open it. Has the cable just been stretch out and needs to be shorten or what?? I dont really know where to look to find the problem....

Not a big problem but its a inconvenience for sure.

Thanks fellow planetiers
look at the little rubber stoppers on each side of the radiator support. they unscrew to create tension. make sure they're not all the way down. adjust until it works properly.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha! That totally worked!! Thanks

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Hood pins! :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
protetype said:
look at the little rubber stoppers on each side of the radiator support. they unscrew to create tension. make sure they're not all the way down. adjust until it works properly.
Hmm... My wife's car has the same problem and I don't know why I never thought about these being the culprit. :oops:

·
Registered
677 Posts
protetype said:
Now you tell me! I've been reaching out and banging the hood with my fist since I put the bug deflector on the front of the hood back in 97! When it stops raining, I know what my next project is gonna be....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
johnnie59 said:
protetype said:
Now you tell me! I've been reaching out and banging the hood with my fist since I put the bug deflector on the front of the hood back in 97! When it stops raining, I know what my next project is gonna be....
Haha I know, its hasnt stopped raining all over our "Sunshine State".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts