Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive seen heavy duty suspension links around and want to buy a set of them but the upper links alone are around 500 bucks. this seems kind of crazy to me considering that pretty much all they are is a beefy section of steel bar. does anyone think it would be wise to try to produce my own set? i was thinkn about making the actual bar segment then buying the joint.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Those joints are expensive, so is the DOM tubing...there is some profit there but not as much as you think.

But you can certainly beef up your factory links pretty cheaply. Some guys have welded a strip of angle iron along the bottom of the link for reinforcement. Only downside is the factory bushing isn't quite as flexible as those joints they use.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have any pictures of something like that?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I don't but somebody around here does. I know somebody at Moab had reinforced factory links.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I had the home reinforced links. I managed to bend them in one trip. I now have the Indy4x links and have beat the snot out of them without any sign of damage. They are treated as an extension of my rock sliders.

-Tad

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
With a stick of .120 -.140 X 1-1/2" tubing you could split it and encase your existing links and have some good beefy links.
I'm planning on doing that myself. My last trip out I cracked down on a rock and bent one of my front links. Kind of surprised but not in dismay lol... It happens !!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i found a picture of the reinforced factory links, it was on one of the cheap mod pages haha i think ill do that until i can afford the indy ones ( i am a high school senior anyways not much cash flow hahaha)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts