Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still keeping the zu :D
but, I wanted some american iron, theres nothing quite like the grumble of a big block, something I've missed since I got rid of a certain nova :cry:
and I don't need something that I can get ridiculous speeding tickets in
this truck came up in our junkyard years ago, it sat out front for a while, waiting to be bought, and I had always liked the truck (I did the wheel bearings since it had fried those and added warn premium hubs) so, I bought it.
its got a 400, 4 speed, divorced tcase, 35" KO's, 4.56 gears, dana 60 out back and a 44 out front :)
it won't be a restoration, more like a "do whatever the hell I want" build just something for me to have fun building and drive around to get my v8 fix in.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Like I said before, looks great, love old pickups.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
:D man i really love older ford trucks 8) recon

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very nice! Old Ford trucks have a special place in my heart... and my garage. When I get a chance I'll post a pic of mine. I have a '78 F150 stepside. My grandpa bought it back in 1980 or '81 and I have been in love with it since I could remember. It's got 63k original miles, repainted once, and only 1 or 2 small spots of rust. Beautiful shape for actually being used as a truck for the first 15-20 years of its life. But enough about mine.

Hang on to those wheels! I believe it's pretty hard to find those anymore.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really? they're 16.5's so I was going to get rid of them
I still want to, but I think I'll sell them, but I have no idea what they would be worth

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
They look like Western wheels.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Those old turbine wheels are period perfect for that truck. Nothing wrong with 16.5s unless you really need to air down LOW. You can't drop below about 20 PSI safely with 16.5 as they don't have safety beads. Tires are still readily available and often cheap. I've got 16.5 s on my Powerwagon with 35's. Been running them for years. Most any wheel in that rim size is also very strong as they were for 1 tons.

Not much of a Ford fan anymore but always liked the highboys. Does it have ram power steering? A lot of them did. Very stout drive train in that truck. Is the 4 speed a granny low NP 435 or a top loader Ford. I've got a 435 in mine and they are super strong transmissions. Not the best for gas mileage as 4th is not OD but they last forever.

Cool ride! Not cute either.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as far as I can tell its a np. :)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
:cry:

Its so beautiful.

Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about the power that truck has.

*sniffles*

you got a real beaut' there, Sean.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
95Rodeo4x4 said:
:cry:

Its so beautiful.

*sniffles*

you got a real beaut' there, Sean.
with this truck I shall soon rule the world.

·
Registered
101 Posts
95Rodeo4x4 said:
:lol:

Actually I think the 351/400Ms are rated around 180 hp.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bullitt930 said:
95Rodeo4x4 said:
:lol:

Actually I think the 351/400Ms are rated around 180 hp.
I don't know about torque rating
but this thing has plenty of torque
just not alot of ponies

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sweet! That's my favorite grille on that bodystyle. When you need new tires, get on pirate and buy a set of Hummer takeoffs and keep the rims. Last time I priced them they were $75/ea+ship, for 37x12.5x16.5s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.