Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A newbie here, names Bill I am from western pa. Thought I would introduce myself here in this thread, I wheel a super modified s10 and have just built a 95 rodeo for my daily driver and mild wheelin adventures. Specs are swaped in welded 12 bolt rear, waggy front 44 with trac-lok 4.30 gears 31 ltb's maybe see some ya on the trails someday heres a few pics, hope it ok to post em here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rock-On Billy!
Welcome to the Planet!
You get that driveshaft problem sorted out yet? I had no idea an Astro Van had parts even worth cannibalizing. They have some extremely bright and helpful moderators over here, and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help with any questions you have regarding your Zu-Good Luck brother, and great pics! Aloha 8)

ToddZ/Kona, Hawaii

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I dont think I will get to moab, just graduated college and work schedule will most likely not allow it but I will get out there someday it is one of my destinations. I put the suzu through her first whoopin last weekend and it works pretty dang good if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 12 bolt rear was from an 88 pick up with 2.6 and had 4.30's, thus I have the same ratios. However I am going to find a 4.56 third for the 12 bolt cuz I got some 4.56's lying around I can slap in the front. I wish the rear was 4.56, I guess all the troopers had 4.56's or would I be wrong in assuming this. I ask cuz your the second person who has brought this up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looking through a salvage yard, how could I be able to find out if a Trooper has 4.77's? Is there a special number on the VIN or on the motor plaque?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I changed the top pic in this here thread, no sense in cluttering with a pile of pics but I wanted to post that pic cuz it goes with this video link.
http://fire.prohosting.com/kz810rid/Fav ... oclimb.mpg
The pic was first time up, it was easy, second time was a lil more interesting check it out, its 1 mb so it is dialup friendly. these 3.2 suzu's with 5 speeds get it, I am very pleased with its performance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Great Video Bill!! Little sketchy at the end!! Looks awfully steep :!: ToddZ/Hawaii

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I smacked a dear and had the parts from an 88 pick-up that I stuck on the front. I liked the 95 stuff a little more but free parts are the best parts.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hello neighbor! I am in SW PA also-south of Uniontown-8 miles from the West Virginia line (Smithfield). Looks like you have a twin to our 95 (minus the grill change).

You won't see us 4 wheelin though-mepr says we drive "mall cruisers", we don't go off road with our two (a 95 and 96). 4wd is only used to come up the hill to our house.

We are heading to Johnstown this summer. Never know, you may be the one that I point at and say "Rodeo". They seem to be everywhere these days!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You sure you dont wanna get that rodeo out on the trail? Once you do it you will wanna go every weekend, that is if you go out with the right group and run the right trails, avoid the mud and have knowledgeable people to help you over the obstacles. I help to organize the johnstown toys for tots run, it would be a great first time out, here's a couple links, one from planetisuzu a couple years ago one from pa highlander and one from my homepage, check em out and keep it in mind
http://www.planetisuzu.com/articles.htm/33

http://www.pahighlander.com/toys_for_tots_2000.htm

and a few pics from my site of the hardcore run, you dont want in this group

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/trailbug ... run03.html

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I see your PA highlander site has Connellsville on it. I am about a half hour from there-staight shot down 119.

As for "getting it out"-way outta my league. I get nervous just watching someone drag mine up the hill with a tractor! (tranny problems-few posts back) :shock: :?

Have fun in your "adventures" and post if you will be around these "parts of the woods". We may run into you somewhere along the line! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.