·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Greetings and welcome!

I guess "green laning" is akin to "overlanding"?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigSwede said:
I guess "green laning" is akin to "overlanding"?
Hi BigSwede, you guess right :) another term we some times use is mud plugin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SAS said:
Welcome, Fronty!

Are you also on the Portal (expedition portal)?

Nice looking vehicle--wish we could have the factory Dti's here.
Hi sas, thanks for your comments. No am not on portal, I have just had a quick look at the website (looks good 8) )

I will be uploading some more pics on my truck later, so will put a link to the post on here.
Just fitted some bigger tyres yesterday (Kumho Kl71's @ 265 75 r16's ) which has given me another 1.5" lift :D

Going green laning (overlanding) this weekend to north Yorkshire for a bit of a play in the hills :wink:

Cheers Tony

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I just got my amigo back on the road, thanks to the expert help on here, great bunch of guys.

Take a look at my new member intro and you can see what our trucks are capable of hauling, that boat in the background hauls easily with our peppy v-6 motors!

I totally love 'Top Gear' out of the U.K. Hammond is my favorite, he is so cute!

Take care!

Debbie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Debbie, glad you got your amigo back on the road. In the UK the amigo is badged as a Vauxhall Frontera B sport and came with 3 engine types, 2.2lt petrol, 2.2Dti diesel and a 3.2v6. Anyway enough of the technical stuff lol.
Yes Top Gear is one of my favourites also and my other half fancies the hamster too ;)
We are thinking of having a vacation somewhere in the US later this year and are looking to do some trails (that's if we can get the use of some modified 4x4's)
Any advice on what, where or how we can organise this would be great.
Take care Deb's ;)

Ps. nice pic's ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'd say go to Vegas. You can rent supercharged v-8 sand rails and blast around the dunes like the dakaar ralley. I rented a Z06 Corvette there and drove that all week and ended up paying for a new rim as I'd curbed one. You do not want to know how much that cost! Make sure to get the renter's insurance upgrade. Trust me!

Glad you like the pics. I'll post new ones once the weather gets a warm again. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts