Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm only new to this forum and by the look of things, you all know what your talking about.

Firstly, I randomly have the engine light flash on, and it only seems to be early in the evening when the night first cools down. Holden tell me it's the throttle positioning switch due to another problem I described to them which is dificulty in starting while the car is facing up hills. It sounds as though it is struggling for fuel.

The other problem is that I have an oil leak from the from of the rear diff. Is this major or is it easy to fix?

Could anyone tell or help me with these would be appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Legend said:
{snip}
Firstly, I randomly have the engine light flash on, and it only seems to be early in the evening when the night first cools down. Holden tell me it's the throttle positioning switch due to another problem I described to them which is dificulty in starting while the car is facing up hills. It sounds as though it is struggling for fuel.

The other problem is that I have an oil leak from the from of the rear diff. Is this major or is it easy to fix?
I don't know about #1, but replacing the gasket on your rear diff shouldn't be too difficult. I haven't done it on my Trooper, but I've done it on other vehicles and it was pretty simple. Basically it's just a few bolts to remove the cover (be sure to have a pan under it to collect the remaining oil), scrape the gasket material away & clean up the mating surfaces, install the new gasket & replace the cover. Fill with gear oil, synthetic if you're into that sort of thing. Your owners manual will have the specs for the gear oil, but I think it's 80W-90. The new gasket should be less than $10 unless you buy it at your local Isuzu stealership.

HTH,
Tom G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.