Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my name is Blake and I've been checking out this forum for awhile now for ideas and advice. Thought I'd finally share my truck on here. I posted over in the member's rides section but I feel like I need a more warm welcome. Lol. This is my 2000 Rodeo LS V6 2WD that I've owned for over 3 years now but just started having fun with for it for about the past year. Definitely got the Zu bug now. :lol:

I got some 17" XD Revolver's with 245/65/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
15% Tint all around

Westin light bar, Pro Comp spotlights, and installed my own basic fog lights

Had some fun driving around in about 8 inches of snow we got last winter!

12" Kicker L5 sub & Eclipse xa1000 mono amp

6000k HID headlights and 3000k yellow fogs

In the next couple weeks I've got a few things planned:
Gonna be adding a roof rack and some lights
I'm looking for some 31" or 32"
Maybe an exhaust if money allows me to this summer.

Also, I'm always looking for ideas on what to do next! Love it. :lol:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome & Roll Tide brother!

I'm pretty new here too. I've had my Axiom for about 2 years and am really just now getting around to doing mods to it. Looks like you're off to a pretty good start. I like the lights. You wire them yourself?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah someone from Alabama! :p

A friend and I installed the fog lights awhile back. What a pain to install! Worth it tho. I love the look. The HID's were fairly easy tho.

The spotlights and light bar I got professionally installed when I got the wheels and tires put on last fall. It was worth the extra money for installation cuz I just didnt feel like going through that again.

I really like your Axiom. What all future plans you got for it?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm kicking myself because I just got the itch to start doing mods about 3 weeks ago. I bought new tires 4 months ago and now I'm wishing I'd just held out a little longer until I had started doing this, that way I could have gotten some even bigger ones.

I've lifted the back about 2" but sometime over the next few days I'm going to level out the front end. I put some OME 919's on the back and still need some shocks to go along with them. Still doing some research on exactly what I need for a bargain price.

I just put the Yakima Load Warrior basket on top with the flip down wind fairing. I plan on mounting some lights behind the fairing so that I can flip it down and reveal them when I need them.

Other than that, probably not too much. I'm still looking at tires on craigslist and if I can ever find a good deal on some that are slightly bigger, I'll probably jump at the chance.

I actually live in the Shoals area, so I'm not too far from Huntsville. One of my best friends from college (UNA class of '07) works at the Von Braun center and drives a 2003 Rodeo. I've been trying to get him to sign up on here, but he's yet to do it. We do a lot of camping in Bankhead and the Sipsey Wilderness. I think North Alabama as a whole is vastly underrated. From Bankhead to the Walls of Jericho in Scottsboro & Lake Guntersville, I love where I live. It's actually a pretty active outdoor community.

You say it was a pain to install the lights, what all did it take? I've installed lights, switches and wiring in houses, but never in an automobile. Did you use a relay? I'm going to have to do some more research before I get really committed to doing the wiring by myself.

And let me guess, that snow pic was from the Snowpocalypse this past winter right?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lights were mainly a pain to install becuase I'm not too good with electrical, and I've always gotten a friend help, but I was also determined to get it done. The HID's I originally had bought and started to install and realized I would need a relay because the stock wiring isn't able to support the power for HID's. This is what I got...
http://www.amazon.com/JLM-PREMIUM-9...D89S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307648048&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/HID-Kit-Wire-..._3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1307648207&sr=1-3
I'm not really sure why the reviews are so bad on the hid kit. I havnt had a single problem and I've had them installed for about a year now.

As far as the fog lights I just got a cheap pair of those ones from walmart for about $20, I think, and everything needed was included. I don't honestly remember how it was installed in detail but we managed to get it. It was mainly just time consuming since your have to run wire for the switch and to the battery, do drilling for the lights, and all kindas of stuff. I do remember tho on this install we didnt need a relay at least. Wish I could be of more help!

Yeah I kinda did the same thing when I bought tires. The ones I have now are only 29.5" (lame!) cuz I went to the shop to get everything done I originally had some Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's (32") picked out and they didnt fit at all and so he talked me into those smaller Nitto's. Shoulda done some more research to get those bigger tires and I would have been much more happy. :roll: So now here I am trying to get some bigger ones after I cranked the torsion bars and did some good ol' fashion fender trimming. Off to craigslist I look! I'll also check out some used tires places around town next week too.

I've also been looking for some places around here to go trail driving. I might check out those places you suggested. The snowpocalypse was awesome last year btw. Tons of fun!

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking Rodeo! There are a few Alabama members on here, I'm just south of Dothan myself.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Good lookin 2nd gen man! I was in AL a few weeks ago and I swear I saw your truck at a Best Buy lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TKEPA251 said:
Good lookin 2nd gen man! I was in AL a few weeks ago and I swear I saw your truck at a Best Buy lol
Awesome! Yes I do work at Best Buy so I have no doubt that you did see it.
:shock: in fact I'm on my break right now doing this post. LOL

Small small world it is...

I'm liking yours as well. Rodeo FTW. :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the compliments from everyone! I try hard to keep it looking good. I'll keep up the work and itll only look better! 8)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Castaway said:
TKEPA251 said:
Awesome! Yes I do work at Best Buy so I have no doubt that you did see it.
:shock: in fact I'm on my break right now doing this post. LOL

Small small world it is...

I'm liking yours as well. Rodeo FTW. :lol:
Damn that is too cool! I shoulda found you and we coulda shared badass Rodeo stories lol!

Rodeo is the way to go I love mine! My girlfriend says I have a strange obsession with my Rodeo, but its such an awesome truck I just can't help it lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup! Shoulda known! Oh well..

I mean exactly. I dunno why more people don't mod these trucks to make em look cool and more functional for off road! I see Rodeo's and Passport's all over the place and everyone is stock...boring. :pukeleft:
At least we got all these people on this forum that DO enjoy them. :headbang:

There should be some sort of South East meet for people to get together during the summer or fall. All my friends either have cars or street trucks. No offroading.

Also Redstar, remind your friend again to join! The more people on here the better.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Castaway said:
Yup! Shoulda known! Oh well..

I mean exactly. I dunno why more people don't mod these trucks to make em look cool and more functional for off road! I see Rodeo's and Passport's all over the place and everyone is stock...boring. :pukeleft:
At least we got all these people on this forum that DO enjoy them. :headbang:

There should be some sort of South East meet for people to get together during the summer or fall. All my friends either have cars or street trucks. No offroading.

Also Redstar, remind your friend again to join! The more people on here the better.
Well I think the reason people don't is because the aftermarket for our trucks is extinct. As much as it sucks to say its the truth. Good thing we have some dedicated members here and some good people that share a passion for these trucks!

I think someone started a thread about a meet in Auburn later on in the summer. I would love to have a South East meet and wheel and hang out with all the Planet guys!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm I can't seem to find a thread on it. I just see one that was for a race down in Auburn back in April. I'll keep a look out for another one tho. That'd be fun. :toothy8:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Castaway said:
Hmm I can't seem to find a thread on it. I just see one that was for a race down in Auburn back in April. I'll keep a look out for another one tho. That'd be fun. :toothy8:
Hell if we could get enough people to go I'd say we start a thread for a meet lol

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Me and Brandon are talking about getting a meet together in either Auburn or Brooklyn at one of the offroad parks. Would you guys be down for that?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'd definitely be down for that! Only down side is my Rodeo is 2wd

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
No biggie, you could wheel it as is and we can pull you out or you could just ride along. Brandon will be deploying in a few months so we are for sure going to do a ride soon and would love to get a few more Zu's there.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Either way havin some fellow Zu people out there would be more than worth it. You've sold me I'm in!

http://thegreatamericanpark.com/

I found this place near Auburn. It looks like a good place to wheel at

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.