Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'93 Rodeo V6.

normal lifter chatter, or something else? it does tend to get a bit louder once the engine has run a bit.

also, best (and easiest) way to reduce the chatter if that is in fact what it is.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Sounds like some chatter and maybe a small exhaust leak at the manifold or flexpipe on the y-pipe idleing they really sound like tick,tick,tick the fuel injectors also click.
The SOHC motors have a lot less (simpler) valvetrain than the DOHC engines

I'm not the best at valve train noises i'd rather just cut parts off of themand weld stuff bac,k on :mrgreen:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol!

thanks :p and there better not be a f'in exhaust leak anywhere in there, its a brand new exhaust from the engine back..... :shock:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
sounds like some chatter for sure. Did you try maybe running a lil heavier oil?...or flushing the motor and oil change? or additive? just wondering what all you may have done or did do so far.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crash said:
sounds like some chatter for sure. Did you try maybe running a lil heavier oil?...or flushing the motor and oil change? or additive? just wondering what all you may have done or did do so far.
so far nothing done :p

Just picked it up Sunday, next weekend it gets an oil change, and Im thinking about a tuneup and seafoam.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
well I have sucessfully used motor flush in the past and additives as well...some will tell you not to use them. But id say if you want to play it safe, seafoam it like you mentioned new oil and filter, jerry reccomends Rotella synthetic. I use that as well. Or try going a little heavier in oil might get rid of that chatter as well...

but a tune up is always a great way to start off a relationship!...lol

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
if you just bought the truck this is what id do.

Replace rearend, front pig gear oil
New Plugs Gapped Properly by you
New Motor oil and Filter
New trans fluid/oil depending if its an auto or 5spd
Grease up all greaseable fittings.
are you running stock filter box? replace filter(i use K&N cone on Cold air intake, they make a Panel stock replacement one as well) depends if you want more power or not, if not go with stock OE air filter)

this is what id do on a generic tune up. Make your list pick what you can afford. Def plugs Air filter motor oil and filter would be a must for me.

cause you never know what the people did before you as far as maintenance, an honestly i know most people dont do maintenance or if they do its usually too late

1 - 8 of 8 Posts