Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another 92 rodeo 3.1 v6 rwd but with a borg warner .
As I love to play in mudSince last winter I have been having issues with clutch pedal disengaging I have replaced pedal etc now I had to replace hose line , but my normal mechanic wasn't available, so someone else replaced but left my t clutch pedal unbled , so I made a self bleeder I noticed a clip under truck I'm assuming it's the one she was having issues reconnecting and I have no idea how where it goes , plus pedal is still on floor no pressure please input.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,713 Posts
Over 12 hours and no help yet.
May I suggest using a descriptive Subject line?

"Help" (and its many variations) is appropriate in the swimming pool, but not helpful here. Imagine if everyone with a question did that

If your Subject line briefly summarizes your issue, you're much more likely to get "help".

And sorry, I don't have an answer for your issue.

Jack

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
These clutches are a BEAR to bleed. One way (I did) was to take a Turkey injector syringe, fill it with clutch (DOT4 brake fluid) attach a small hose, and reverse bleed by injecting it through the slightly loosened clutch slave cylinder bleeder valve.
Some have had bleeding success by COMPRESSING the slave cylinder and then bleeding the system. May opt to remove the clutch damper, a small valve that may be on the left inner fender or firewall - follow your clutch line.
Joe is also right: When posting, put as much information as you can including year, engine, problem. Keep those 91/92 Rodeos running! Dennis

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You . I did pump pedal several times etc. I'm thinking possibly the pedal needs adjusting , I did swap out pedal from other rodeo 92 3.1 v6 but with mua trans , this truck has borg warner that shouldn't make a difference.
The only thing is slaves are different I noticed I can't pump slave rod while under truck and I can't locate fork to make sure it's set correctly.
I'm still learning about the borg warner but I will take mua over this trans any day

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
Thank You . I did pump pedal several times etc. I'm thinking possibly the pedal needs adjusting , I did swap out pedal from other rodeo 92 3.1 v6 but with mua trans , this truck has borg warner that shouldn't make a difference.
The only thing is slaves are different I noticed I can't pump slave rod while under truck and I can't locate fork to make sure it's set correctly.
I'm still learning about the borg warner but I will take mua over this trans any day
Did you install the transmission?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No transmission isn't problem from I took pic b4 hose line was replaced and I see brackets are revised from Pic. Does that make a difference

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
Sorry. You can pump that pedal until the bearings wear out and it probably will STILL not bleed properly. The plumbing goes UP and over the transmission causing air to be trapped in the upper part of the tubing. The air bubble will stay there and fluid will trickle around it. TRUST ME, I KNOW. You either have to reverse bleed (forcing the air back up through the master reservoir), or completely compress the slave (using a C-clamp and socket or spacer). It is difficult even wiht power bleeders or vacuum bleeders. Dennis

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So reverse bleed how do I do that? Could it possible my pedal needs adjusting ? My engine won't turn over not even in neutral, isn't there anyway to just start fresh by like turning small bottle of fluid over reservoir and unscrew bleeder and run fluid thur not allowing to run low in reservoir . Or maybe there's a small hole in metal lines .
Idk just asking
Thank You Dennis for your advice .

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
They will not gravity bleed. What I did: From grocery store, a turkey injector (like a large syringe). I got some clear plastic tubing (it had actually come with a master cylinder kit for bench bleeding) you might get away with using vacuum hose, but may need to have some kind of clamps. I took the lid off the clutch master, I filled the syringe with DOT4 brake fluid, I loosened the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder, I forced the hose over the bleeder valve, and I "injected" the brake fluid into the bleeder screw (slowly). After doing this, I tightened the bleeder, I was then able to get a pedal. After that, I was able to do conventional bleeding and get a good firm pedal. Because I was doing it by myself, I would pump the pedal 3 or 4 times (after I had gotten the pedal from the reverse bleeding), after the 3rd pump, I used a 2x4 to hold the pedal down while I crawled underneath and cracked the bleeder screw. After a few shots, I was good to go. A helper goes a long way, but I didn't have one.
I had previously had bleeding problems with my 2.8 Trooper (same clutch plumbing). I went through a whole quart of fluid trying to get a pedal. I had tried vacuum bleeding, a large rubber plug and compressed air through the master, NOTHING worked. Hope this helps. Dennis

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had metal oil pump can made sure it was cleaned out hooked tubing etc took 3/4 fluid out of reservoir and reverse bled it worked great bubbles pockets came up pedal returned to normal cleaned up etc but within 15 minute time when I went to start truck pedal went almost back down and once again couldn't start truck . Was I suppose to have pedal pushed down when reverse bleeding ?

Thank You again for your time and input , you are my hero truly

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
No, just bled mine with the pedal up. My have "found" some more air in the system. May also have to have an assistant help with inspecting - I.E. have them push pedal while you watch for movement in clutch linkage. Dennis
P.S. I like to help because when I was "learning" Isuzus, there was no Planet Isuzoo to get help from.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well ok I will try turkey thing. I haven't worked on truck for a few days I will let you know how it goes .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well ok I will try turkey thing. I haven't worked on truck for a few days I will let you know how it goes .
Okay I replaces clutch hydraulic master cylinder . I have pressure back in my pedal
Problem is the hydraulic lines seem to be leaking , I had a friend replace hose , and I removed line of Mc to replace and I Didn't notice and seal
I am wondering why this is happening I've tighten all lines , is it position I do need them , or possibly pedal has too much pressure, because pedal does and is very hard to push down half way to floor and truck isn't starting

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay I replaces clutch hydraulic master cylinder . I have pressure back in my pedal
Problem is the hydraulic lines seem to be leaking , I had a friend replace hose , and I removed line of Mc to replace and I Didn't notice and seal
I am wondering why this is happening I've tighten all lines , is it position I do need them , or possibly pedal has too much pressure, because pedal does and is very hard to push down half way to floor and truck isn't starting
I have to fix this asap for work please input if possible

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Over 12 hours and no help yet.
May I suggest using a descriptive Subject line?

"Help" (and its many variations) is appropriate in the swimming pool, but not helpful here. Imagine if everyone with a question did that

If your Subject line briefly summarizes your issue, you're much more likely to get "help".

And sorry, I don't have an answer for your issue.

Jack
I can't figure out to delete help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts