Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are trying to get the transmission off, and the throw-out bearing is stuck on the pressure plate! The trans is seperated from the engine, and is ready to be pulled off, except the throwout bearing will not come loose from the pressure plate!

Any ideas on how to get it loose? We have tried prying and rocking and shaking the transmission to no avail!

Thanks, T

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Wen I pulled mine in the 91trooper, I had wrapped a ratchet strap around the transmission and hooked to the rear end. It popped eventually. Just a thought.

Cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There is a hole directly at the bottom of the bellhousing that you stick a long flathead into, and take the lock ring off the throwout bearing. im sure someone will chime in with pics or a more detailed description.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pmat said:
There is a hole directly at the bottom of the bellhousing that you stick a long flathead into, and take the lock ring off the throwout bearing. im sure someone will chime in with pics or a more detailed description.
Yea. sticking a screwdriver through the inspection plate helped, but still didn't get it off. Luckily with looking through a FSM, we figured it out.

Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'd try dynamite.

-Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts