Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i need to replace the bell housing on my 91 3.1L rodeo. its a 5 spd transmission.

Im absolutely new to dropping a tranny, ive taken engine tranny combo's out of fwd cars, and jsut the engine outta this rodeo a few times, but never a rwd/4wd tranny alone.

Im wondering if anyone has a list of things to do, a step by step process, or link to a site with one. On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is this going to be, and do i need any special tools.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I see a Hayne's manual in your future. They only cost about $15 and the peace of mind you get will be worth 10 times that. Plus you get the added benefit of having pictures show you what can't be described well in text. You can also look at it whenever you want, as many times as you need until you understand. If something else needs replaced 2 months down the road you can flip through the manual and see how to do it!

I could get my manual out and tell you step by step how to do this -- but I think you should buy the Haynes manual. It's a fairly involved process and you need something you can refer to if and when you get stumped!

I buy a manual for every car I buy -- it's nearly the first thing I do -- even before I have the oil changed!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.