Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 1995 Honda Passport recently and due to pulsing in the brake petal I decided to replace the pads and rotors. I have. Done this with pervious cars and trucks, but didn't really take into consideration how different 4wd would be. I'm an idiot. I have been working on the front drivers wheel for 2 days.
I desperately need help with reassembling the hub. I can not get the damn snap ring back on. I am off by about a centimeter or so and the hub isn't going to budge. I don't know what to do. I can't afford to tow it somewhere to have them fix it (that is why I decided to do them myself in the first place). Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
thank you!

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
You need to push from behind or pull from the front with a bolt screwed in to the axle. Sometimes raising the assembly with a jack helps get some slack. Assuming it's hanging down. Check my 2nd thread below. there are pics of the whole job there. It' a 1st gen Trooper and I have a factory handle tool for pulling on that axle but it might help. Same operation. Both of my threads are full of pics and links on most common Zoo service stuff. Just so folks have a photo reference. HTH

Welcome to the planet!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Squatch, Thank you, thank you!! I have been losing my mind for the past 3 days trying to get these rotors changed. Do you happen to know what size and thread bolt would go into the end of the axle so I can pull it? I have been going through a box of old bolts, but nothing is close to fitting. If not, I will just drive out to the hardware store and buy a few. I appreciate your suggestion and help.
Thanks again
Cheers

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
KatieC said:
Squatch, Thank you, thank you!! I have been losing my mind for the past 3 days trying to get these rotors changed. Do you happen to know what size and thread bolt would go into the end of the axle so I can pull it? I have been going through a box of old bolts, but nothing is close to fitting. If not, I will just drive out to the hardware store and buy a few. I appreciate your suggestion and help.
Thanks again
Cheers
A regular 12mm (head) bolt did the job, on mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts