Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So needless to say iv doen a few differentails and axle replacements in my day. But never on a Roedo. Well what i though was a leake brake line or caliber turns out to be my axle oil seal ring.

Not a prob, new one's only cost $12.99 so this will be a breeze. Ha boy was I wrong. Typically you remove the pinion shaft bolt and shaft to allow room to push the axle in, in order to get to the C lock. Well I cant remove the pinion shaft cause there's a huge gear with a cog to the left of it is half way covering the pin.

This is a new one to me so any help would be appreciated..

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
First of all, Your axle is semi-floating, so there is no C-clip. There are four bolts retaining the shaft at each wheel, and that's it. You might need a slide hammer to pop it out. Mine released by hand after a couple tugs. You've got to remove the caliper brackets, but that's it.

HIH,
Andre

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NOT WORKING.... I have removed the brake caliber, rotor and the four nuts. They sit behind the wheel assmebly..
Well I went to autozone and grabed a slide hammer and I gave it atleast 7-8 good hard wacks and nodda.. I stopped at that point because generally it doesnt require, that much...is there somthing im missing????

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Your axle has disc rear brakes, right?

Shouldn't be anything left holding it in. I've pulled the shafts on two axles, and they both came out by hand. I know someone who broke one slide hamer, and had to get a bigger one to get the shafts out of his 97.

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Andre

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I'm not familiar with the D44, but if you have 4-wheel ABS you may have to remove the ABS sensor... that is if it is at the outer end of the axle. Some Isuzus had the ABS sensor on the differential housing.

You did remove the brake caliper bracket too, right?

-Tad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.