Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a 94 Rodeo last night and the damn passenger rear door wont open from the inside or outside! and i cant get the door panel off to try and fix it unless its open. i pulled the door panel insert off and the the lever is still attached as far as i can see... so how the heck do i open this door!?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
kick the sh-t out of it. i pulled some stuff out of a 93 with frozen rear door and i kicked it from the inside until it opened. i didn't damage anything inside the door at all. just be careful where you kick on the panel. I kicked toward the top.

:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
success!! well i kicked and kick and nothing... i was afraid i was gonna end up breaking the glass lol so i decided id rip the door panel off as much as i could. i bent the corner so i could barely get my hand behind and break thru the plastic to get to the latch mechanism.... the damn thing was rusted solid... so i squirted it with lube but still nothing... i then was just barely able to take the 2 screws out for the outside door handle so i could get a better look. sprayed more lube and then i actually pushed the mechanism with my finger and it opened!!! YES!!! i kept working it in and it seems to work ok now! its been a productive first day with my new rodeo! got the door open, clean it inside and out, spray painted the wheels, spare tire carrier and front emblem. Now im just waiting for the cruise control arm to finish drying (it was snapped so i pulled it out and fiberglassed it, i figured if it holds that would be great and if not ill just get a new one) and besides that the only other thing i need to figure out is why my new headunit isnt working!!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I had sticky doors on my Passport and another Rodeo. I found out the bolts behind the handles that mounts the handle to the door become loose over time. I tightened all of the bolts and greased everything that moves on every door and the tail gate. Made all of the doors open very smoothly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.