Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this Rodeo for two years, and of course the month after I bought it the fuel gauge stopped working. I know now that this is a common issue, and was in fact a recall prior to my purchasing the vehicle (and of course Isuzu refused to do anything about it). But my problem now is that it's begun to idle so low that the truck actually stalls, completely dies, while driving (only happened once because now I'm afraid to drive it) or in even when in park. When I turn the key in the ignition to turn it on it idles too high and then drops down so low that it shuts off again. I called a highly recommended repair shop for a diagnostic test and explained the "symptoms". The service manager then asked what kind of truck it was and as soon as I said Rodeo he cut me off and told me they wouldn't touch it!! He said it's honestly a nightmare, and over any repair shops that isn't run by Isuzu shouldn't touch it. So I call the closest dealer, an hour away, and they tell me that there are numerous things that could cause this problem... a bad 02 sensor (which we suspected), the power steering pump, and he trailed on with more problems. He told me yes, it was a pain in the rear and was even over some of their service guy's heads. So now I'm just frustrated. If anyone's had this issue, or heard of it, or fixed it PLEASE let me know what it was and how or what can fix it. I'm totally discouraged by this as I was hoping it was something simple like replacing the O2 sensor, but it seems like it could be anything. Oh, and the check engine light is NOT on! If anyone needs anymore info just let me know. It's got 69,000 miles on it, the gas gauge is ALWAYS on empty and I have to gauge how much gas I have by my milage.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so after reading the faq's section, and a couple other posts I think we'll clean the EGR and see how that works. If anyone has any ideas, though I'm dying to hear them as I have no idea whether or not this will actually work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! The EGR is a good idea to do either way! An intake manifold gasket problem "might" also be a posibility. I'm not the knowledagle one here, but I thought I'd post to tell you of the forum I use which is realy good for issues like this, it's here:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbullet ... .php?f=240

I'm new here, so I don't know what you might expect, but the AF forum is great.

Also, see this from the AF moderator - Ryan:
http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/

Let us know how it goes. PS, I'm a 1999 4x4 S Auto, 60K miles, runs great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.