Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Help My Isuzu got gassed

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  brownrose0920 
#1 ·
:cry:I bought a 83 Isuzu Pick-Up at the auction. Paid a whole $5.00 for it. Then found out someone had put gasoline in tank. Have changed fuel filter, emptied and refilled tank, and changed the oil & filter (for good measure). The only way we get it to start is to pour gasoline into top of engine and then it runs long enough to burn that and stalls. Is there any way to save this old timer? It has a 2.2 engine with 187K mi. and we're in OKLAHOMA

#2 ·
Only 5 bucks AND a free tank of gas!!! talk about a bargoon! Assuming the truck is cabureted, check the fuel pump. Trace the lines to/from the pump & tank to check for a pinched/kinked line. G/luck
Joel

#3 ·
JTK said:
Only 5 bucks AND a free tank of gas!!! talk about a bargoon! Assuming the truck is cabureted, check the fuel pump. Trace the lines to/from the pump & tank to check for a pinched/kinked line. G/luck
Joel
Would have been a real bargin had the gas been usable for something other than weed killer or fire starter, I siphoned about 7-8 gals. out. Will check those. If we can get gas to come out if we open two of the injectors but not thw two closest to supply line, do we "bleed" these other two or should we figure them to be clogged? Until I get Chilton Manual, this week, I'm afraid to start taking too much apart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.