Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just recently had a problem with my passenger side Outer CV and I bought a new one (from the knuckle out) to replace the old one. THe new one is a China made one that they've been selling here in Chile for some time now and the company is considered to be a decent manufacture of alternative OEM parts. Thing is, the new CV doesn't come with the gasket/seal that looks like a washer and has a rubber seal attached to it. This piece attaches at the back side of the CV closest to the knuckle. At the Cheverolet/Isuzu importer in Chile, they had them listed as a Seal Gasket for the CV Axles, but looking that term up has gotten me no where. I need the four seals. This is a company in the UK that has them as a kit. http://www.milneroffroad.com/isuzu/...8/ubs25-axle-frontrear-0/ubs25-upright-seal-0 On line I've found them sold only as individuals, and under different names.

If you have any ideas of what I'm talking about, please let me know what it's really called, where I can get it, and the lowest priced place. I'm looking for a number of them. I need to redo them all on my trooper, and I need to buy some for some friends and have them imported. This week I've been struggling with allergies and haven't been able to function well. Once I get out and about, I'll get some photos taken of whats going on. If you can provide links, that would be best.

Thanks for you guys input.

Eric

·
Registered
492 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ArdWrknTrk said:
Do you have a Honda/Acura dealer in Chile?
You might look for front drive axle seals there.

Isuzu Trooper & Rodeo models were sold rebadged as Honda/Acura's here in the U.S.
The Rodeo as a Honda Passport, and the Trooper as Acura SLX/MDX models.
Thanks for the input. Only thing is, the trooper/passport/ect. were never sold here at the dealership. All troopers/ect. in chile are imports by small investment companies and, therefore are not standard part for the parts importers to bring in. I have a Daihatsu F73 (same import problem, all where brought in thru duty free zones), and I asked how much the four Tie rod ends would be. They looked them up on their system and told me that for the for tie rod ends, to be imported in for me, it would cost me $1400.00 U.S. With the trooper, even though the Dmax and LUV are the same chassis and drive train, they say they haven't sold enough of these pieces to warrant importing them. So I will just buy them in the states an have them imported. I just need to make sure that I buy the right pieces.

Thanks though. Do you know where I can get them in the States. I chatted with Advanced, and they told me they didn't have those seal kits listed individually or as a kit. All I saw online was the whole axle for sale.

Once again, I do appreciate input and ideas.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I edited my post above for a link showing the NOK Part Number: W0133-1838694 axle seals.
They are listed across many Isuzu models and years of manufacture.
Google searching that number leads to dozens of pages of listings.

These same seals are shown on Amazon as fitting her 1995 Honda Passport.
http://www.amazon.com/Frewdenburg-Nok-O ... icleType=6

I've ordered many Honda parts for models never sold here in the States... as long as I knew the factory part number.

Do you intend to have someone here purchase them and forward to you, or are you looking for a stateside company that will ship to South America?

Reactions: Jem Andes

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ArdWrknTrk said:
I edited my post above for a link showing the NOK Part Number: W0133-1838694 axle seals.

I've ordered many Honda parts for models never sold here in the States... as long as I knew the factory part number.

Do you intend to have someone here purchase them and forward to you, or are you looking for a stateside company that will ship to South America?
Thanks for the link. I have family in the states that will ship them to me with a few other things that I need. I've ordered all kinds of stuff and had it shipped to me. It usually gets here really reliably. I did have a set of flex joint ball races get lost for 6 months, and then one day (after I had given up on them) they showed up in my p.o. box.

Once again, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Does that look like the right part?

What year is your Trooper, and where was it imported from?
Maybe I can look at a factory exploded view and get the -real- part number.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jem Andes said:
ArdWrknTrk said:

Thanks for the link. I have family in the states that will ship them to me with a few other things that I need. I've ordered all kinds of stuff and had it shipped to me. It usually gets here really reliably. I did have a set of flex joint ball races get lost for 6 months, and then one day (after I had given up on them) they showed up in my p.o. box.

Once again, thanks for the info.
I just looked at the link you provided, and it doesn't seem to be the same seal/gasket that I had linked to earlier in the post. The seal that you link goes to is the seal at the end of the Dif axle tube where it meets the Cv Axle (I think). What I'm looking for is the seal that's at the CV knuckle. I didn't buy a whole CV Axle unit. I bought the half shaft and need the have shaft seat. You can see a photo of what I bought in the last post (or close to it) here http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=73707.

·
Registered
492 Posts
If looking for any OEM Isuzu parts, the first person to ask is Jerry, aka JLEMOND. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2833
Send him a PM.
Great guy to deal with!
He seems to have just about anything available

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ArdWrknTrk said:
If looking for any OEM Isuzu parts, the first person to ask is Jerry, aka JLEMOND. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2833
Send him a PM.
Great guy to deal with!
He seems to have just about anything available
Thanks for the info. I will try and send him a pm this evening. Thanks again for the help. As far as if this part is OME or not. I'm really not sure. It may just be that it is and Milner in the UK has an Isuzu account and resales OME parts. There may just simply not be an aftermarket manufacturer.

No ofense to you ArdWrknTrk, but if anyone else can shed some light on the subject, please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
No offense taken.
I thought you had said the seal was behind the CV joint, but now I see your photo.
Sorry if I gave you poor information. :eek:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ArdWrknTrk said:
No offense taken.
I thought had said the seal was behind the CV joint, but now I see your photo.
Sorry if I gave you poor information. :eek:
No way was it poor information. I'm sure soon enough I will be replacing the bearings and seals at the diff. So, now I know where to get the seal from.

From what I'm seeing in the states, it seems that all the parts stores just sale cv axles complete, and no one is really just replacing the CV joints and seals. It seems that in Europe and south america people tend to change just the piece that's bad. In the states, it seems the concept is just to replace the whole thing at once and not have to deal with it later. At least, that's what I'd always been raised to think. Just two different ways of thinking about the same situation. That's all.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Quick comment regarding the difference in concept when repairing vehicles. Without going in to the why's or why nots, I agree with you. I had a very good friend that worked at a local International truck dealership. He worked there long enough to see it go from "repair" to "replace" and he lost interest shortly thereafter. One of his examples was the water pump on these over the road trucks. He said if one had a leaking water pump, they would go to the parts rack and get a repair kit and rebuild the item. Later, it became go to the parts shelf and grab a "rebuilt" pump and just replace the part. My friend (Jim) took pride in his training and skills and didn't want to become just a parts swapper.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2wheels2 said:
Quick comment regarding the difference in concept when repairing vehicles. Without going in to the why's or why nots, I agree with you. I had a very good friend that worked at a local International truck dealership. He worked there long enough to see it go from "repair" to "replace" and he lost interest shortly thereafter. One of his examples was the water pump on these over the road trucks. He said if one had a leaking water pump, they would go to the parts rack and get a repair kit and rebuild the item. Later, it became go to the parts shelf and grab a "rebuilt" pump and just replace the part. My friend (Jim) took pride in his training and skills and didn't want to become just a parts swapper.
That's how it's become. I'm sure that a lot of it has to do with economics and quantity of people that are willing, or know how to repair, and how many more are willing to simply replace. Also, there's the time verses money side of things for companies. So, I see the point from different angles. In Chile for instance, it's still better to average joe to spend 1/2 a day to tear it down, repair, and 1/2 day more to reinstall, than pay 3 times the price for a whole new part. It's all based on import volume verses average sales vs average joe's income. Here, at the moment, average joe's income almost always fails. There are some with money, but far fewer than w/o. It's just how it goes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.